X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • darkprophet82
    • Apr 2016

1 month post op HT scar

Hello everyone

first time posting here in a long long time. So im 5 weeks post op my first Hair Trasnplant and I wanted to know everyones opnion of my scar. The first pic was 1 week ago and the other is of today. The procedure was a FUT with trichophytic closure.

Curious how long will it take for the hair around the scar to grow? i just went thru a shed so im patiently waiting for the transplanted hair to grow.

thanks guys Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	481903Click image for larger version

Name:	2.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	481902
  • pkipling
    Inactive
    • Sep 2014

It's hard to tell how it's gonna look this early in the stage, but I do want to point out that it looks significantly more red in the 2nd picture than it does in the first. I'm not sure if this is a lighting issue or not, but I want to remind you (just in case!) that you need to avoid any sunlight to the scar (and the recipient area) for at least the first 6 months. Exposing scars to sunlight negatively impacts the scars' ability to heal, so it's something you need to be very diligent about.

Comment

• Stevedawg18
      • Jun 2016

Well I believe they usually shave the area where the strip is taken so it looks wider than it is until that portion grows back, so that will improve.

Comment

Working...