Very confident that I'm going bald, 19, advice/tips? - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Very confident that I'm going bald, 19, advice/tips?

Hey there, I'm 19 (just turned) and have noticed thinning at the front for a while, and when combed out a lot of skin shows at my crown. I do have longish wavy/curly hair so I don't know if that makes it worse or not. But I'll post pictures anyway. Anyway, I'm taking biotin right now and tomorrow will be getting Minoxidil. The GP said I was undergoing MPB, but she seemed very unsure about it. For example she didn't understand the difference between hair that has a white 'bulb' at the end of it (at the root), and hair that is sharp at the root. Most of the hair falling out has had a white bit at the end which is different in texture to the rest of the single hair. I'm looking to see a dermatoligist soon, but since I'm in the UK the waiting times under the NHS are crazy, so private will probably be an option.

Just some general queries anyway, do you have any opinions from looking at the following pictures? Any advice? Obviously I'm starting to fall into a depressive state since my hair is one of the things I take of the most and the realization that proabaly by the time I'm 21-22 It'll look horrendous obviously scares the shite out of me.

http://imgur.com/a/aUHFL

I'm up to post more pics on request. Cheers guys.

take fin and delay the process....

Quote Originally Posted by robincurtz View Post
    take fin and delay the process....
    I'm a bit wary of Fin/Propecia due to its supposed Sexual side effects, but Rogaine/Minoxidil is a def. Any word on how bad my condition is? When can I expect it to go extremely bad/irreversable? Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Heimegger View Post
    I'm a bit wary of Fin/Propecia due to its supposed Sexual side effects, but Rogaine/Minoxidil is a def. Any word on how bad my condition is? When can I expect it to go extremely bad/irreversable? Cheers.
    Genetic balding can't be stopped..... It can be slowed down using fin or dut....There is no chance that minox will do any thing for ur hair without fin...
    I have been suffering from hair loss since 2011....these medications worked for me...

That's no issue, I don't think its genetic since my dad, grandpa (mum's side) all began losing their hair in their 30s and so on. My grandad still had a thick head of hair at 40. It's probably generic MPB or I don't even know excessive thinning? I needed someone to just confirm or not. Since its early in the process I'm sure Minox will do its fair bit.

Two questions:
    Can you still have male pattern baldness without any bald relatives (both of my grandpas and my father still have their hair)
    What is that "bulb" issue? Most of my hairs that do fall out, do have this bulb thing

Quote Originally Posted by fctet258 View Post
    Two questions:
    Can you still have male pattern baldness without any bald relatives (both of my grandpas and my father still have their hair)
    What is that "bulb" issue? Most of my hairs that do fall out, do have this bulb thing
    Bulb is normal, means your hair is in telogen. You are thinning though...

I don't want to sound like I'm in denial, but is the thinning due to MPB? Either way I'll have hair till I'm 22 at least, which is suckish but what can I do. The GP did a blood test and found it wasn't due to an iron defiency or thyroid or whatnot. So I guess the answer's clear...

Quote Originally Posted by Louish View Post
    You are thinning though...
    By "you' you mean me or what? Because I think the hair started growing back on the temples for me

Just stay away from Propecia , the side effects are still with me 8 months after quitting . Basically ruined my life