Hairloss Battle Story -3 Years Pics - Q's need answering - Fin time - 24 years old - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Talking Hairloss Battle Story -3 Years Pics - Q's need answering - Fin time - 24 years old

Hi all,

I’ve finally decided I need to give it my best shot with a new hair prevention/growth routine.

A little background about me and my hairloss:
    • 24 years old (25 in a few months).
    • Live in New Zealand
    • Fit and active lifestyle
    • Noticed hair thinning around 20-21
    • I believe I am a diffuse thinner (crown + frontal)
    • Regime from 2014 to current (Regaine Minoxidil 2x daily and Nizoral 2% keto shampoo, loose routine but normally 2x a week)

Please see attached picture for my hair loss progression over the three years (Jan 2014 to Jan 2017).
    http://imgur.com/a/6zndV

I’ve come to realise that Minoxidil and a keto shampoo is not enough, and a DHT blocker really needs to be added eg Finasteride or RU58841.

I am choosing to go with Finasteride, as I live in New Zealand it would probably struggle to import RU, and + it has not been studied for a long time so who knows the potential sides. I have read numerous horrible things about finasteride, and I’d estimate at least 20% have sides and not the 2% figure which floats around. My reason for still going ahead is I don’t want to think, ‘oh what if I could have been the lucky few with fin results’. If I do develop sides, I’d hope they are not permanent manage to recover in a few weeks/months (seems to be very rare that people still have sides even when off fin).

So I’ve got a ‘few’ questions for you guys, and would greatly appreciate any advice/input/see if I’m missing anything etc.

1) Finasteride dose – The 1mg pill is available here and I think I’ll start with a low dose (Pill cutter + 10ml amber bottle to store in?) and bump it up, does this look right? 0.25mg (2x a week for Week 1 and Week 2), 0.25mg EOD (Week 3-4), 0.25mg ED Week 5+, and continue on this forever, maybe even try 0.5mg ED in the future

2) Finasteride supps – Anything that helps alleviate/avoid fin sides, I am thinking about taking L-Citrulline (1tbs ed), Zinc (50mg ed), Grapeseed extract (400mg daily), L-Arigine(1000mg ed)

3) Blood tests – I will be going to the doc and getting a baseline of bloods done (Testosterone (total, free and bioavailable), Androstenedione, DHT, Adiol-G, Estradiol (E2), LH, FSH, SHBG, Prolactin, TSH, Iron, Prostate-Specific Antigen (PSA). Anything else worth getting tested?

4) Shampoos – Stick to Nizoral 2% and use EOD or switch to another ket shampoo such as regenepure? What shampoo to use in off ket days?

5) Pills – Is there just a single pill I can take which contains all the essential hairloss vitamins? I am currently taking Opti-men by Optimum nutrition as a multi. Biotin (3000mcg ed), Niacin (unsure dose), Collagen (3g ed for clear skin from minox etc), Vit C, Vit B complex, Vit D, ZMA (bed time), and Fish oil omega3s. Anything I’m missing or should remove?

6) Oils – Not going to bother, unless there is any really worth using at night etc?

7) Minoxidil – Stick to regaine or switch to Lipogain big 3?

8) Retin A – Use with minoxidil to increase absorption?

9) Stemoxydine 5% – Useful to add in? Apply at night after few hours of minox? I see Stemox - Loreal Professional Serioxyl is priced well.

10) Grey hairs – Anything I can do for this? I’ve only come across vitamin b6/b12 helping.

11) Concealers – I will try Toppik or DerMatch, unless there’s something better out there? I don’t like the idea of fibres falling out onto clothes/pillows and leaving a mess though.

12) Dermrolling – With 1.5mm needles, but I don’t see much point as I’m a diffuse thinner, so this would possibly pull a lot of my hair out as I’d need to do it all over?

Future plans/thoughts

1) Hair Transplant - I would most likely be able to get one down the line, in 2-3 years (technology should be a bit better by then + it is cheaper in other countries eg India, Turkey etc).

2) Hair system - Hassle of cleaning it ed/eod and reapplying, + very costly at the moment here in NZ from a clinic eg advanced hair studio.

3) Cures – Hisotgen, Replicel, Brotzu, any others? (All 2-3years away I believe, and who knows if they will truly work).

Thanks for taking the time to read this and if you have any questions for me, please feel free to ask.

I’m right here with you guys on the hairloss battlefield!

Cheers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	fullcollage.jpg

Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	50523  

Bump, even an answer to a single question etc is really appreciated

To be honest you don't look that bald man. I'm 27 and even at 24 I was worse off than this. If you cut your hair shorter it'll be virtually unnoticeable for a while. That's what I do right now I just have to make sure it's cut once a week.

Dude you're way, way, WAY overcompensating for this.

I'll make it simple,

0.25mg ED (it's 85% as effective at reducing DHT as 1mg)
    Lipogaine 5% SENSITIVE minoxidil
    Regenepure DR alternated with Pura D'or Gold (Better alternative to nizoral 2% which dried my scalp and made it flake every time I used it)
    128 diode lllt helmet (find cheap hong kong made)

On the supp front you are way over thinking it, chances are you will have no negative effects on the finasteride 0.25mg and it will work well for you. I was like you, waited a year and talked to about 6 doctors in my state, and they all said that about 1/10 had issues, and they seemed a little nuts and hyperchondriac to begin with. Stay calm, and you'll be fine with it.

I would simply go:

Krill Oil
    Multivitamin with 25mg of Zinc
    5g of collagen for the minox

Thank God you're a diffuse thinner, because this regime will work miracles on you. Do what I said for 6 months and post the pics up. Wouldn't be surprised if you completely regrow your losses.

i am diffuser too, and here is my Regimen

Rogaine Foam twice a day full cap(twice of recommended) for 2 and half month already seen slight difference on the vertex but no improvement on the top
    Propecia first 1mg everyday (for 3 month) then 1 mg every other day due to financial sit and little brain fog , no sexual sides so far.
    Supplement (Itreallyworks once a day ) and biotin 10000mcg once a day
    Shampoo Nizoral2% at first then switched it to Regenepure.

should i go for lipogaine liquid minoxidil for my TOP?

Quote Originally Posted by wannamyhairback View Post
    i am diffuser too, and here is my Regimen

Rogaine Foam twice a day full cap(twice of recommended) for 2 and half month already seen slight difference on the vertex but no improvement on the top
    Propecia first 1mg everyday (for 3 month) then 1 mg every other day due to financial sit and little brain fog , no sexual sides so far.
    Supplement (Itreallyworks once a day ) and biotin 10000mcg once a day
    Shampoo Nizoral2% at first then switched it to Regenepure.

should i go for lipogaine liquid minoxidil for my TOP?
    Go for the Lipogaine sensitive. Works just as well and stopped my scalp flaking. There is a 15% minox from minoxidil max with topical fin and azelaic acid too if you want to get really wild about it. You could also add a cheap chinese laser cap off ebay too.

Quote Originally Posted by JeanlucBergman View Post
    Go for the Lipogaine sensitive. Works just as well and stopped my scalp flaking. There is a 15% minox from minoxidil max with topical fin and azelaic acid too if you want to get really wild about it. You could also add a cheap chinese laser cap off ebay too.
    how long have u been using lipogaine , do you think it works for you on top?

I only use on the crown and top because I'm getting a transplant for frontal third and it's already thickened up in 3 months enough that it's actually becoming an issue to deliver the liquid directly to the scalp without hair getting in the way. I'm also using Pura D'or Gold, Regenepure DR, 0.25mg of fin and a 128 diode laser helmet though. Also I only use Lipo 1xPD. I tried a very cheap minox that was like $100 for a years supply at first and it burned my scalp and made flakes so I moved to Lipogaine sensitive and its been fine since.

Quote Originally Posted by JeanlucBergman View Post
    I only use on the crown and top because I'm getting a transplant for frontal third and it's already thickened up in 3 months enough that it's actually becoming an issue to deliver the liquid directly to the scalp without hair getting in the way. I'm also using Pura D'or Gold, Regenepure DR, 0.25mg of fin and a 128 diode laser helmet though. Also I only use Lipo 1xPD. I tried a very cheap minox that was like $100 for a years supply at first and it burned my scalp and made flakes so I moved to Lipogaine sensitive and its been fine since.
    that was the reason i ve started with rogaine foam to avoid any itching and that flakes stuff. since i am not seeing improvement on my top that i see on my vertex(thanksfully) even its been just 70 days since i started, i am looking for better options for my top. I do not want go for 15% minoxidil yet, as i think somehow i am controlling the situation thanks to my current regime. Are you using Pura D'or shampoo in off regenepure days?

Yeah, although I use Regenepure every second day because keto dries my scalp a bit if I use it too often.