+ Reply to Thread

Default Hair thickened and starting regrowing from Cerafill & biotin - now 6 month shed

Hello everyone.

16 years ago my hair began thinning. My first topical was minoxidil, within a month I began shedding. The shed continued into month 4 and I noticed my hairline receding. I called Rogain and they told me to discontinue. I was the 1% of men who were having a bad reaction... After a month or so the shed stopped, but my hair remained thin. Years later a doctor had me try Propecia. Immediately my hair began falling out. Well over a 100-150 healthy hairs a day. Within 2 months it destroyed my hairline. The doctors were shocked, they finally advised to stop taking it at month 4.

Ten years later I tried to accept the receding and thinning hair. Though I used the Lazercomb and some topical treatments which didn't do anything.

Well, 6 months ago my barber suggested I try Cerafill Shampoo, Conditioner and Topical (not with minoxidil). Within a month I noticed I had less hair my brush and sink. Surprisingly my hair was combable! 5 months in and I could see tiny sprouts and baby hairs appear along my hairline. And the crown was noticeable thicker. Note I started taking biotin at month 2. So lot's of biotin for 4 months.

3 weeks ago I started a bad shed, pretty much at 6 months. It started out being just the finer and short hairs for the first two weeks. Now it's my thicker longer healthy hairs that are shedding. Within 3 weeks my hair looks as thin as it did 6 months ago.

I'm losing about 50 hairs in the morning and 50 at night. 100 maybe normal for a person with a full head of hair, but this reminds me of the shed I had from Rogain and Propecia that never stopped. However, those sheds were immediate. I'm 38, so my hair has receded about an inch and overall diffuse thinning about 50% density since my early 20's.

Since the shed started, I haven't had any diet, stress, sleep, or exercise changes. In fact I stopped drinking alcohol 2 months ago. I don't understand this big shed. I was hoping someone on here had a similar experience and got past this. Any advice?

Hey man sorry I cant answer tour question but do tou have a link of the exact products you are using I am thinking of trying this stuff..