+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Tron View Post
    Wow you are a better man than me I wouldn't have paid anything more than what I was quoted and walked out. Not to mention the fact that somebody wasn't watching the machine so it just kept going (further depleting your donor area and your wallet). I know for a fact the ARTAS keeps track of every graft it pulls as that is how the manufacture earns its $1 per follicular unit royalty.

The first doc I went to quoted me $15k and I walked, they called back a day later and said they could do it for $11k cash. I said no thanks. Then I went to his nearest IAHRS competitor told them I was quoted $9k. They shot back a price just under that. We went back and forth a little but agreed on $7500. My surgery is in 2 weeks.

Thinning85, you don't have less hair than before right? You just haven't seen much new growth yet, correct?
    Damn. I'm not sure that I'm a better man than you, but I feel pretty confident saying you're a better negotiator than me.

I'd say it's a wash. My crown looks no different at all. I think I have slightly better coverage in the triangular temple regions, but that's been offset by a weaker frontal hairline that experienced some shock loss and has yet to grow back. This forum has taught me that hair lost to shock loss that doesn't return was thinning hair that you were going to lose anyway. So maybe the surgery threw off my growth cycle causing me to lose it sooner than I would have?

I may post some pics on here soon to get unbiased feedback now that I'm 8 months removed, but I believe that overall I have slightly less hair than I did before (especially in the area between my crown and frontal hairline) but some of that is hair that probably would've continued to shed either way.

Long story short, don't expect to see pics of my head on my surgeon's website as examples of success.

Hi, check this out. You will be pleasantly surprised!! https://artasfue.com/

Hi, check this out, and you will be pleasantly surprised https://artasfue.com/

Default HairPro

Where in the world, can you have a full head Artas hair transplant, of up to 4000 grafts, operated by a highly experienced doctor, for under $8500?
    Athens, Greece of course! Travel package included:https://artasfue.com/