+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Advice urgently need. Joe, advice would be great please

Hi guys, looking for some advice for my boss from work. He's currently sitting at about a NW IV A with some very early crown thinning. The overall density of his hair is poor.
    He's gone to a London clinic and has been told he has good thickness in donor area and would achieve good to excellent results with a Fue procedure of 1500 grafts.
    He has pretty good expectations in his defence, he's not expecting a NW1, but just wanting more frontal coverage and density. He seems happy to go ahead.
    But I'm concerned.Does this not seem a bit low to you guys given his current situation? He's also been advised to jump on propecia and minox asap which he's never used before, which I know is standard.
    To me, 1500 grafts would probably be a decent density hairline procedure, not an entire mid and temple frontal repair like he requires.

Like I said guys, not for myself, but for my boss who has a lot of money and doesn't seem to have researched this at all, perhaps rushing into it.

All thoughts are welcome.

1500 graft is as you said only for a decent hairline procedure but definitely not for such coverage as he wants. Its about 40 hair per cm if he want some decent coverage... so try to calculate directly on him and you will have your answer

Thanks for the advice.

Any other thoughts guys?

Joe? Your input would be gratefully received.

Has he tried using hair follicle stem cells to regain his hair back? I have done much research on hair follicle stem cells, and I have found that the use of hair follicle stem cells is extremely effective. Maybe he can give it a shot. I would advice you to look at the ingredients of the hair product, because even though they claim to use stem cells, the product actually has VERY LITTLE of the stem cells. One product I came across though, that uses about 80% of stem cells in their product is FolliStem. No extra additives in their hair stem cell serum. Mostly ALL stem cells. Have him give it a try. It works great and quickly for me. Hope this helps.

... okay, now if someone who is NOT a ****ing salesman of some bullshit snake oil could offer some relevant advice that would be welcomed.

I'm confused. Are u calling me a salesman? Im Only trying to help as I was desperate too for hair once

Bump for genuine comments

Whatever you do please google post-finasteride syndrome before taking Propecia . I know that people who respond badly are in a minority but I was unfortunately in them . 7 months since I quit and none of the side effects have subsided for me . Worst decision of my life by a long shot .

Quote Originally Posted by Notgivingup2 View Post
    Hi guys, looking for some advice for my boss from work. He's currently sitting at about a NW IV A with some very early crown thinning. The overall density of his hair is poor.
    He's gone to a London clinic and has been told he has good thickness in donor area and would achieve good to excellent results with a Fue procedure of 1500 grafts.
    He has pretty good expectations in his defence, he's not expecting a NW1, but just wanting more frontal coverage and density. He seems happy to go ahead.
    But I'm concerned.Does this not seem a bit low to you guys given his current situation? He's also been advised to jump on propecia and minox asap which he's never used before, which I know is standard.
    To me, 1500 grafts would probably be a decent density hairline procedure, not an entire mid and temple frontal repair like he requires.

Like I said guys, not for myself, but for my boss who has a lot of money and doesn't seem to have researched this at all, perhaps rushing into it.

All thoughts are welcome.
    You're right to be concerned. 1500 grafts on a NW4A is a waste of time but before surgery he should consider the preventative options first. If he has sides or doesn't respond well in general he'll be chasing his hair loss with more surgeries.

He should enlist the advice of a real expert in FUE. Dr. Lupanzula is going to be in London on January 28th so you should encourage him to take advantage of this opportunity. Dr. L will give him the truth about his situation and what is and is not reasonable for his case.
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

Anything under 3000 grafts for a NW4 is nonsense, even with 3000 he will need another procedure unless he is ok with low density.