+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Been on fin for 5 days. Some sides on 2nd day, little to no sides now. I cant really tell any difference, but there had been no shed, before and after fin. My fin is from merck so it is definitely legit.

Quote Originally Posted by hdude46 View Post
    do u even need a prescription to buy from drugstore.com? if not, then i would really question if what you are getting is legit. also, propecia is really shown to be most effective at the crown. i asked joe from hasson and wong how their patients generally do on propecia and he told me since they have been prescribing it only a few people (2-3) have ever come back for more ht work b/c of continued loss from the mid to back half of the scalp.
    Hmm, my box seems legit -- its a pale blue with propecia logo etc. on it, says MERCK SHARP & DHOME dont below, and 'prescription only medicine' up the top.. not really sure how i was able to get it to be honest!

Quote Originally Posted by KeepTheHair View Post
    Always nice to hear a positive story. Thanks for sharing!

I am 32 days in. I am not shedding a lot of hair at all anymore and finasteride looks like it will help me at least maintain.
    Hey dude...When did you stop shedding, once you started minoxidil or once you started finasteride? I'm two weeks in and since starting propecia (though maybe a few days before) i'm the complete opposite to you - I've gone from shedding maybe 5-7 hairs in the shower, to about 40-50 - and for the first time not just from the temples, but practically all over! scary.

Also, how bad is your hair atm? I mean do you think its visible to the everyday person that you're losing your hair? Im getting that way, and probably would be already if it weren't for good thickening shampoos and the blow drier.

I'm thinking of starting minoxidil when and if Propecia helps me stabilise.

About 18 days in now and I'm still shedding severely everyday... Unfortunately I think I have only a few days before I'll have to make the big move and cut my hair short...thus revealing the 'truth'. It's such a shame - if the doctor hadn't have told me that propecia was practically useless and dangerous about 7 weeks ago, this could have been avoided.

My only hope now is that propecia starts working relatively soon and that when I give minoxidil a go, it grows back some of what I've lost... so I'm basically ****ed.

dude dont stop taking it because of the shed. If you get bad sides you can stop, but you need to ride out the shed

Yeah im planning too of course.. It's just that this recent shed has meant the transition from cosmetically undetectable hair loss to what is now all but obvious and significant. The point is that a few months could've made a lot of difference.. oh well