Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • precent112
    • Jan 2017

Question on shaving and concealers post op

I am considering doing an FUE procedure but am concerned about any noticeable signs when I go back to work.

I am probably between a Norwood 2 and 3 with a recession in the hairline with thinning behind that so I will likely need about 3000 grafts. I am currently using concealers (Dermmatch and Toppik) to hide the thinning and bring the appearance of the hairline forward. With these in place it looks like I am only at Norwood 1 stage.

I would like to go ahead with the procedure soon but I am concerned there will be too major a change in my hair appearance without the concealers.

I will probably take two weeks off for the procedure. I understand that I should not be using any concealers for quite a while after the operation particularly Dermmatch which is applied directly to the scalp. Would I be able to apply concealers within two or three weeks or would this damage the hair growth?

If I’m not able to wear a hat or concealers I would like to just shave my head. Is this possible post op or do you have to let the hairs grow naturally for a while?
  • DAVE52
    • Sep 2010

You should shave your head first and see how you feel about it . I f you like it then don't do the HT

Comment

• precent112
      • Jan 2017

I have shaved my head previously and I don't think it suits me. I much prefer a full head of hair!

My question though is that if I cannot use concealers shortly after post-op is there any problem with shaving or do I need to let the hair grow?

Comment

• DAVE52
        • Sep 2010

Not sure but you most probably wont get a full head of hair with significant density

Comment

• gijedi
          • Oct 2016

NO reason you can't use concealers post-op. I did after a few days (some Toppik) and there's certainly no problem after two weeks. Really, after 7-10 days, you can resume whatever hair care you were doing pre-op.

Comment

Working...