Threaded View

Default Just started Fin three days ago....

I noticed my vertex started to thin when I was 20 but luckily I still have a strong hairline. Now I'm 26 and it's noticeable when I swim so I wanted to keep the hair I have now at a minimum. I went to my dermatologist and he give me a script for 5mg of fin and told me to save money using a pill cutter. So it works out to 1.25 of fin a day but it's probably closer to 1mg because of the small parts that are lost during pill cutting.

Unfortunately I noticed sexual side effects immediately. My balls are sore and I can get an erection but it's much harder to maintain. Also, orgasms are really weak and take much longer to achieve.

Is it odd to have these side effects so quickly? I called my docs office and although he wasn't in, the nurse talked to other doc and he said that some sexual side effects are common in the first week or two but might wear off. He had not heard the side effect of sore testicles before though and suggested I might have another problem and to see a urologist. It's possible it could be another problem but it seems quite a strange coincidence.

Ok so here is the cliff notes version of my questions

-If someone does have sexual side effects to fin, do they happen quite quickly?

-Anyone else have sore testicles from taking fin?

-Should I try another few weeks for the side effects to go away or get off fin immediately?

-I guess my only other option is to try 5% Rogaine....I know most people take both fin and Rogaine, but I can get results from just using Rogaine?

Thanks for your time
    Chris