Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • titaniumtorpedo
    • Jan 2017

Nizoral?

I have been using finasteride for 6 months for receding in front and it doesn't seem to be working, at least not for regrowth. I just started adding minoxidil. I was reading about Nizoral for hair loss on this forum earlier today and thought I would also add Nizoral. So I went out and bought a bottle of non-prescription for $18. Now I read in one thread that it doesn't do anything for hair loss, only dandruff. Really? Should I take the stuff back to the store and get my $18 back? I'm trying to treat hair loss not dandruff.
  • OfMountains
    • Jan 2017

It's up to you whether to take it back or not. From my understanding Nizoral contains Ketoconazole which is a decent supplement for it helps remove some of the dandruff and oils from your scalp, allowing minoxidil to be a bit more effective. It doesn't really stop hair loss, but it doesn't hurt. I've been using it for almost a month and my scalp feels a lot better: less dandruff and irritation.

Comment

• titaniumtorpedo
      • Jan 2017

Thank you.

Comment

• richter101
        • Jan 2015

I've been using finasteride for close to 4 years and it's one of the best investments I've ever made. The thing is it doesn't really "kick in" until 1 year down the road. At that point you'll notice very little hair regain, but the hair loss will decrease dramatically.

They're already pretty similar and have just a small bit of effect. I personally try to avoid washing my hair and have noticed effectiveness with that. And when I do I use a blend of products.

Ultimately, the best solution though is an FUE procedure. That's what I ended up doing and was the smartest decision of my life. You can finance too. And now I have a full head of hair.

Good luck!

Richter101 is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

Born Oct ’89
        Began Seeing Gradual Hair Loss Oct ’09
        Began Seeing Gradual Hair Gain June ’15

My regimen includes:
        HT #1 2200 (ARTAS- FUE) grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2016
        Finasteride daily, since 2014
        Rogaine experimenter from 2012- ’13 RIP

Planning HT #2 By End of This Year

Comment

• titaniumtorpedo
          • Jan 2017

Is generic finasteride as effective as the name brand?

Comment

• chillax
            • Jan 2017

I wouldn't touch nizoral. Lots of people including me gets endless shedding with that product. It is believed to be toxic in some degree.

Comment

• Louish
              • Aug 2015

Nizoral is good for dandruff, using it once a week shouldn't be too harmful. The study behind it's effect on hairloss is laughable. None of the groups were using only keto. There was: a fina alone groupe, fina+ minox, fina+ Nizoral and a control group. Turned out the fina+minox had slightly better results than fina alone and fine+keto slig***y better results than fina+minox. All of them much better result than the control group. So what does it say? Basically, fina works, everything else is useless. I don't think many doctors recommending it actually read the study.

Comment

• Reester
                • Jan 2017

Nizoral is not so good.

You need to take finasteride for one year. If it does not work maybe you can considering adding in dutasteride?

Comment

• comame
                  • Jul 2022

Finasteride is in a class of medications called 5-alpha reductase inhibitors.

free games unblocked

Comment

• leepalmer
                    • Aug 2022

No way am I going to use nizoral. The constant shedding that occurs for many individuals, including myself, is a side effect of using that product. fireboy and watergirl

Comment

• katenelson33098
                      • Nov 2022

If you like being scared feeling, you'll love backrooms, which is a great escape room game. The best way to avoid meeting the scariest monster is to always be on the move.

Comment

Working...