16 Months Back On Propecia - Regrowth Or Not Really? - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread

Default 16 Months Back On Propecia - Regrowth Or Not Really?

Hi all,
    I'm back on Propecia since 16 months ago. Also Keto 2% since 4 months ago.
    During that time since restarting Propecia, most of the time I kept losing hair,
    Now to the point that you can see my scalp reflection.
    I am a diffusing horseshoe pattern, temples are kinda bad.

In the last couple of weeks I started seeing about 3 new hairs, but it was in the lower front, almost my forehead I would say.
    I do try to take pics from time to time, but it's really difficult to tell if I also have even 1 new hair on my head.

My question - If I saw 3 new dark hairs coming out on my really upper forehead, very close to my hair (or maybe even on my hairline), is it a good sign? Can I be optimistic? Does it mean I'm gonna see more hair growth on my head soon?

Thanks for any help and comment!

I am no expert. But I would hardly call 3 new random individual hairs an indication that you may be seeing new hair growth due to anything that you may be doing. You can always remain optimistic though.

I'm trying to remain optimistic.
    I hoped someone would say that he experienced the same thing and that it's a good sign.
    I read that on finasteride/propecia people can only start seeing regrowth after 18 months or so,
    So the few following months will tell if I'm doomed or not.

Its a crapshoot my friend. It is my understanding that Fin would not grow hair, re-grow hair, just slow the progression. I don't think you should expect to regain hair. It's different for everybody and personally I am skeptical. I was on it, and it appeared that my hair loss subsided, but there is no way to know. Some people loose hair faster than others. From what you are saying is, you were on it, then stopped for 16 months? Or you have been on it for 16 months? My guess would be if you have been taking it for 16 months and your still loosing hair, its not going to work for you. How much are you taking? I was prescribed 5mg a day by a doctor that obviously didn't know what he was doing. It made me short tempered and angry and I had to cut it way back. Its hard to say for me, but I believe I also experienced some sexual side affects and I quit it for good. Yes. My hair loss either continued or increased . Can't tell for sure which. I went on Minox for several years and that did absolutely nothing. All this sucks.

I hear you.
    I was on Propecia for 4 years and then switched to a generic brand, which caused me to start losing hair 3 weeks after switching to it.
    Some people might say that there is no difference between Propecia and a generic finasteride, but that's what happened to me.
    Anyway, I went back on name brand Propecia 4 months later. Now it's been 16 months that I'm taking it again.
    for the last 2 months I didn't see any further loss, but it's hard to tell. Only a few new hairs growing.
    I prefer not to commit to minox now, too much of a hassle I think.
    How long have you been on it?
    It can regrow hair from what people write. It make take time though, 18+ months.
    Maybe not a lot more hair than starting taking it, but we might regrow some that we loss since starting it.

I lost track of how long I was on Minox. 3-4 years. Regardless. If it does work for you, it only works for no longer than 2 years and then stops. Your body adjusts to it or something. It didn't work for me at all. It's not that much of a hassle once you get used to it. Like brushing your teeth or wiping you a$$. Its cheap enough. You should give it a try.