X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sb591
    • Jan 2017

What Should I Do?

Hi,
    I am 26 yrs Old Male and my hair started thinning about 2 years ago. I am in Ontario, Canada.
    I tried everything I could think of but nothing work. Everyone just wants to empty your pockets.

I eat healthy food and exercise a few times a week.

I know that I now need a transplant to replace the lost frontal hair but I dont know who to trust.

1) Has anyone gone to Sure Hair? (Dr. Gupta)
    2) Do you think that 2500-3000 is enough to get good density at the front?
    3) How can I save the rest from thinning? I don't want to take propecia or minoxdil.
    I am looking at the igrow laser therapy helmet. Anyone use the Igrow? There seems to be very mixed results. Some love it and others hate it.
    Also thinking about dermaroller and oil treatments again a few times a week, with Nixon scalp cleaner.

Things That Terrify Me:
    1) Density being poor
    2) FUT scar being large and hair not growing around it to cover it.

Sorry for the bad photos, it was the best i could do at the moment.
    Attached Files
  • DD1
    • Jul 2016

Originally posted by sb591
    Hi,
    I am 26 yrs Old Male and my hair started thinning about 2 years ago. I am in Ontario, Canada.
    I tried everything I could think of but nothing work. Everyone just wants to empty your pockets.

I eat healthy food and exercise a few times a week.

I know that I now need a transplant to replace the lost frontal hair but I dont know who to trust.

1) Has anyone gone to Sure Hair? (Dr. Gupta)
    2) Do you think that 2500-3000 is enough to get good density at the front?
    3) How can I save the rest from thinning? I don't want to take propecia or minoxdil.
    I am looking at the igrow laser therapy helmet. Anyone use the Igrow? There seems to be very mixed results. Some love it and others hate it.
    Also thinking about dermaroller and oil treatments again a few times a week, with Nixon scalp cleaner.

Things That Terrify Me:
    1) Density being poor
    2) FUT scar being large and hair not growing around it to cover it.

Sorry for the bad photos, it was the best i could do at the moment.
    I don't think you will get good results without going on propecia. I would go on propecia before a transplant to see if you get results. If you can't or won't take propecia then i would just shave my head because 3000 grafts will not do much. You are headed for a norwood 7 so unless the drugs stop the progression I would not get a transplant.

Comment

• mrclean
      • Jan 2017

You are headed for a NORWOOD 7 if you don't try Finesteride. I would try Finesteride and see if you get any results but if you don't I would not do surgery. 3000 graphs will not give you good coverage unless you respond to medication.

Comment

• sb591
        • Jan 2017

Lighting and because my hair is short makes the pics look much worse.

I am looking into using laser therapy, derma and topical oil solution to keep that thicken the existing ones.

For Propecia, how much does that cost with a prescription in canada? I am really scared of the side effects.

For the transplant, I am really looking to get a hair line. Isn't 3000 enough density for the front?

Comment

• mrclean
          • Jan 2017

If you lose the rest you will have some hair in front and nothing behind it. Have you talked to or had any online consultations with any surgeons? I have no idea what propecia cost in Canada.
          I would start with a online consultation with Dr. Bisanga Christian. I consider him one of the best in the world and then go from there.
          I spent several years researching HT before finding out I was not a candidate for it so you may not even have that option.

Comment

• sb591
            • Jan 2017

Originally posted by mrclean
            If you lose the rest you will have some hair in front and nothing behind it. Have you talked to or had any online consultations with any surgeons? I have no idea what propecia cost in Canada.
            I would start with a online consultation with Dr. Bisanga Christian. I consider him one of the best in the world and then go from there.
            I spent several years researching HT before finding out I was not a candidate for it so you may not even have that option.
            https://en.bhrclinic.com/team

I have had one consultation so far. I have a few more later this week. Will contact Dr. Bisanga and see what he says as well.

As for propecia, the number of people effected by the horrible side effect is much greater than the 2% they claim which is why i am scared of it. Will ask other doctors as well.

Thanks.

Comment

• mrclean
              • Jan 2017

When you say that more than 2% are affected what data are you using?

Comment

• richter101
                • Jan 2015

Hey!

So if you're gonna empty your pockets, surgery is the only realistic way and you might as well go with what/ who works.

With that in mind:

"Density being poor"
                Are you referring to your own hair. Because the avg density is 2, but mine was 1.8 and transfer went amazing.
                Otherwise, in terms of having more hair (re: grafts) you can get over 2k per visit with FUE.

"FUT scar being large and hair not growing around it to cover it."

Well.. easy fix there, go with FUE as mentioned above. No scar my friend. The Doc I went with offered payment plan set-up as well. So I'm sure you'll be A okay.

Good luck!

Richter101 is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

Born Oct ’89
                Began Seeing Gradual Hair Loss Oct ’09
                Began Seeing Gradual Hair Gain June ’15

My regimen includes:
                HT #1 2200 (ARTAS- FUE) grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2016
                Finasteride daily, since 2014
                Rogaine experimenter from 2012- ’13 RIP

Planning HT #2 By End of This Year

Comment

• Kashman
                  • Jan 2017

Your donor actually look pretty good , couple of sessions of HT and you will be happy . Just please google post finasteride syndrome before taking that drug . I m off it for 7 months and some sides ( numb genitals , no brain-penis connection and mental fog ) are still with me .

Comment

• sb591
                    • Jan 2017

Originally posted by Kashman
                    Your donor actually look pretty good , couple of sessions of HT and you will be happy . Just please google post finasteride syndrome before taking that drug . I m off it for 7 months and some sides ( numb genitals , no brain-penis connection and mental fog ) are still with me .
                    Hope you get better soon my friend. That is what really scares me about those pills and why I dont want to take them. They are also really expensive here.

Comment

• Kashman
                      • Jan 2017

Not only the price but you are gambling with your body , trust me it was the worst decision I made in my entire life . It may work for most for years but you can never know . I d give every thing I own to be back to my pre-finasteride state .

Comment

• JustShaveIt
                        • Jan 2017

My words of wisdom would be to shave it. After my 4 HT's my confidence increase, however it was temporary and a few years after it decrease to less than it was prior to my HT's. I'm 37 now and it's taken me many years to get over the fact that the HT's didn't work out for me the way I wanted them to. I'm now working on scar revision so I can keep my hair really short.

I got my first HT when I was 25 years old. I look back now and I took for granted the many people that told me to shave my head years prior while I was slowly losing my hair. Couple thousand dollars and many years later I'm trying to pick up where I was prior to the first HT.

Take into consideration how bald your dad was and both grandparents were. This was one thing that I overlooked because I was in complete denial when I was 24. I look at your head and think to myself..wow I wish my head could just look like that and I'd be happy. Yeah, that's f*cked up isn't it? I'll leave you with that.

Comment

• Kashman
                          • Jan 2017

I am with you JustShaveIt , Propecia ruined my life , completely killed my sex drive and I rather look like an alligator but be my old self again . Your health and happiness are the most important things in life .

Comment

Working...