+ Reply to Thread

Exclamation 22 and scared for my life? (PROPECIA SIDE EFFECTS)

Hey y'all, I've been at a crossroads with my hair loss for a while now since a teenager. I'd love your guys opinion.

I'm 22 years old
    Dealt with hair loss since I was about 17
    Been on Finasteride and Rogaine since 17

For the most part finasteride and rogaine have been very good to me, I've never had super thick hair and it's never been super thin either. Since I was diagnosed with male pattern baldness it's been in the middle with the help of these products. I would say it's been great for my confidence to have hair, than be bald so it helped me alot. I turned 22 oct 2nd of this year and with my girlfriend I noticed my dick wasn't getting as hard as it usually did. Then as the days went on, I noticed I couldn't get it up to p*rn or even masterbating, and when I did it was always like barely hard but could bring me to orgasm but it was just barely hard... There were even days I tried to get it up and it wasn't going at all, which scared me very much. I've never had side effects other then zero morning wood for years and watery semen, but I always looked past that for hair. I just feel like my dick is dead down there.. I ever get randomly horny anymore.. my dick never gets randomly hard.. I just feel like I'm losing function down there.. and I'm not saying I can't have sex but when I have I was never hard for long and it wasn't that great.. My question is clearly I'm guessing the lack of DHT is lowering my testosterone so much that I'm now dealing with side effects, sexually.. which scares me to death. I've was off Propecia since then for a couple of weeks and it was easier to get harder, no days where it hadnt work since I stopped. My semen was watery but had more white in it then ever which I enjoyed. My energy went up, I just felt overall better. I feel like finasteride has also made my dick smaller. If just doesn't look as big as it used to, maybe lack of blood flow.. not sure. It's not even close to 100% pre finasteride state but it was way better then recent times. But with improved penis function I've also noticed hairs in the front of my hairline shrinking.. and it's clearly from my male pattern baldness.. the hairs seem to be retuning to a receding state.. so now I'm stuck with.. do I keep using this drug and try to save the hair I still have with the risk of permanent sexual problems? Or quit and just live with what rogaine and regenpure shampoo can keep me? I worry these won't be enough to stop my male pattern baldness.. but I also can't live my life with sexual side effects. Id rather be healthy sexually then anything else.. what should I do? I wish this wasn't happening to me.. I just want to live a normal young mans life.. it's been very depressing watching my hair shrink but also I don't want to risk my sexual life.. help? I'm terrified at 22 I ruined my life from this drug.. please help me