+ Reply to Thread

Question Is it the alcohol that causes face ageing or the Minoxidil itself?

I believe my face has aged greatly (dark eye circles, wrinkles, loss of volume in face) due to twice daily application of Regaine over the past 12 years.

I'v also read a lot about this being a common side effect in recent years - so 3 months ago decide to stop Regaine.

One thing I have never seen mentioned is whether it's the active ingredient itself i.e Minoxidil that causes this --- or is it just the alcohol component of Regaine that causes the face to age?

Does anyone have any ideas on this?

Maybe someone else will answer better, but I mean is it even conclusive that minox causes this at all? If it does it must be a very tiny percent. You might have aged because you started 12 years ago. No one looks the same forever.

Default Is anyone going to answer me?

So much talk about Minox causing aged face and yet no-one has talked about what the devil is causing it!

Ever think it's because you're twelve years older?

I doubt if the alcohol content in Minoxidil would have that effect. It's a small amount being a applied to the skin. Moderate drinkers probably absorb more alcohol into the system.

I agree with others that you can expect to have visibly aged over the course of 12 years. Have you noticed any improvement since you stopped using Minoxidil?
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

I think both of them contribute to aging, but for sure overdoing it with alcohol will never get you any good results whatsoever. I'm not suggesting that you need to cut down on alcohol completely, but there are better ways to consume it and put lees of it in your body. I found some healthy ****tail recipes site that has some great ideas to make unique ****tails and keep annoying your vodka or rum once in a while guilt-free. It's a great way to have your friends happy and impressed when they visit too!

Quote Originally Posted by Marduk View Post
    I think both of them contribute to aging, but for sure overdoing it with alcohol will never get you any good results whatsoever. I'm not suggesting that you need to cut down on alcohol completely, but there are better ways to consume it and put lees of it in your body. I found some healthy ****tail recipes site that has some great ideas to make unique ****tails and keep annoying your vodka or rum once in a while guilt-free. It's a great way to have your friends happy and impressed when they visit too!
    You're right. Still, I don't think that it's a good idea to drink alcohol while taking Rogaine.

I think it may be this alcohol component that causes aging. Research proves this effect from alcohol, and my uncle, who had been drinking a lot for more than ten years, looked as if he was sixty (though he’s only 49)

Quote Originally Posted by SavageDoombass View Post
    I think it may be this alcohol component that causes aging. Research proves this effect from alcohol, and my uncle, who had been drinking a lot for more than ten years, looked as if he was sixty (though he’s only 49)
    He also has a lot of health issues, and he managed to give up. Not by himself, but with the help of fherehab.com, where he got all his treatment and good conditions to give up this addiction. I’m so happy for him now; he looks much better and seems happier overall. So I think it’s a good decision that you decided to stop drinking this alcohol-based medicine