+ Reply to Thread

Default Minoxidil Updates (My experience)

Hi guys,(this will be a bit detailed) Ive been going bald for quite some time. From what i can remember, I was 18 or 19 when someone told me I was receding.. Im 30 now, just turned 30 on new years. Any way its been very slow as Ive only receded and thinned out a bit on top but still have all hair on vertex or crown. Ive tried things that didn't work also Ive always been online looking for other peoples stories to try and be encouraged by others gains but Ive never really seen good gains or a lot of positive posts which is why I am writing now. Ive been using minoxidil (i won't say what company so people don't think I'm advertising) for about almost 4 months? I've lost track but i am on my 4th bottle of the foam 5% but I have been applying a bit more than it says.

I never noticed a shed because I keep my head buzzed, i didn't get any irritations but could be because i use ketokonazole shampoo every so often. in the second month i noticed a lot of peach fuzz on my hair line which have now turned into tiny black hairs and have more peach fuzz, so I think it is regrowing my hair on my hairline which was completely bald in that area. I took pics before and ill update pics when i get some time. its snowing here so i gotta go plow soon. but i will definitely post some pics. I would say I am a norwood 2 and just stayed a norwood 2 for 8 years or so. My hair just started falling real quick around my hairline and just slowed down.

Any way I just want to share my experience and update every month or so with maybe pictures to help out my fellow dudes who's balding can leave them a bit depressed at times... I feel your pain. If you guys have any questions feel free to ask but i probably won't be back on here for at least 2 days with plowing and resting as ill most likely be out 16 hours.

Also my hair overall seems to be thicker and growing faster then normal. Im also taking a herbal suppliment with saw palmetto and biotin in it and a b complex multi vit. I don't want to get into product names but if you ask ill reply with what i use. i don't want to use fin and don't think i ever will. there is a few sites I've read that people on it got cancer. i don't know if thats true or due to the drug but i definitely won't risk that which is why I'm trying the herbal route to combat dht.

I hope I'm helping you guys out and for you early balding guys hesitant to try minoxidil... do it now man don't let it get worse... if your afraid of a shed just shave your head for the first few months or how ever long it takes to shed after all if you look like your going bald just cut it, i never understood those weird haircuts trying to hide balding or keeping the hair on the sides lol. I went through a little phase trying to comb over my hairline but ended that quickly. its a tough road but well get through it. anyway ill stop boring you now. talk to you soon!