Will minoxidil prevent me from keeping finesteride gains?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Veradel
    • Jan 2017

Will minoxidil prevent me from keeping finesteride gains?

I am 19 and noticed I was balding after my last haircut. There is one spot in my front that is receding and I noticed my temples have receded probably a half inch over the last couple of years. I have an appointment next month with my dermatologist to get a prescription for finasteride. And because my hair loss isn't bad I'm hoping I get lucky and the finasteride can regrow what I've lost. However, I bought some minoxidil three weeks ago when I saw I was balding and have been using it ever since, and I was wondering if I should stop using it if I hope to have finasteride alone help me keep any hairs that it might grow back. I guess what I'm asking is IF finasteride can grow hair back in my temples, will it be dependent on minoxidil either way if I'm using it those areas? Or if I keep using it just in case and it turns out finasteride would spur new growth would I keep it if I stop minoxidil. Sorry if this is confusing, if you need any clarification just ask. Thanks for any insight.
Working...