+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Has anyone had a comb-over?

I had one. Once. Well, for about six years. I think it was worse than wearing a wig and being found out.

The thing with comb overs are that they are gradual. They creep up on you. It's never the intention to 'have' a comb over. It just happens.

I hated high winds. I avoided them like the plague. I almost broke my neck twisting my head to keep the gale from my comb over.

I am serious. But one day, I told my barber to give me the snip. Best thing I ever did.

I have seen some horrendous comb overs on the internet lol, including that one... I mean what is hte guy trying to do?

I think it all evolves :P Like when your 20 like me you just kinda cover your temples with the other hair, 1-2 yers later you kinda sort of comb it over the temples...soon you dont really have that much on top so you comb it to the side.

Then thereafter you barely have any left and you just comb the sides over the top.

If that happens then people don't realize how bad a comb over is because it progresses.

I don't have to do this as I still have a norwood better than 3. I still look ok...

my hair sucks though compared to what it was. It really damn sucks. Can't look "great" anymore. No chance of even looking good really... it just looks much better than being bald, which isn't that much.

But yeah, comb overs suck sooo bad. People are shooting themselfs when they do this...

When I see a bald person, someone completely bald I am always scared that he tried finasteride and everything and that it didn't work for him...and that I might have the same fate.

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooo

Quote Originally Posted by KeepTheHair View Post
    I have seen some horrendous comb overs on the internet lol, including that one... I mean what is hte guy trying to do?

I think it all evolves :P Like when your 20 like me you just kinda cover your temples with the other hair, 1-2 yers later you kinda sort of comb it over the temples...soon you dont really have that much on top so you comb it to the side.

Then thereafter you barely have any left and you just comb the sides over the top.

If that happens then people don't realize how bad a comb over is because it progresses.

I don't have to do this as I still have a norwood better than 3. I still look ok...

my hair sucks though compared to what it was. It really damn sucks. Can't look "great" anymore. No chance of even looking good really... it just looks much better than being bald, which isn't that much.

But yeah, comb overs suck sooo bad. People are shooting themselfs when they do this...

When I see a bald person, someone completely bald I am always scared that he tried finasteride and everything and that it didn't work for him...and that I might have the same fate.

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooo
    Comb-overs fool no-one.

I know.

Luckily I don't have to have one. I am not a nw3 yet :P kinda getting there in the front though =\

lol I know it doesn't fool anyone ! I meant that it makes the person feel better and if he keeps going on and on throughout the years he gets USED to it. Sadly

Then it soon becomes a big joke like that pic you have there.

Comb overs are no worse than shaved heads. Both look terrible and require about the same amount of effort.

Best thing to do is make what you have as neat as possible and leave it at that. Don't bother with anything that needs daily maintenance, shaved or combed, in my opinion!

I've always wondered: what do guys with comb-overs ask for when they go to the barbers? I'm not being sarcastic, I would genuinely like to know. When the barber asks how they want their hair, do they say "I'd like you to leave one bit at the side really long and straggly, so I can sort-of plaster it down and fool everyone into thinking I have a full, lush head of hair"?

Anyone?

Might just be me that thinks about things like that.

When I went to cut my hair i just said really short at the back and the sides. Use clippers there and scissors for the top etc. it looks decent. There was a few old guys there who had this semi comb over style hair...I really wondered what they ask for and how the women know how to cut their hair? It is really weird.

Its like all short with this loooong thing coming from one side... It's ridiculous lol

I think they just see it and dont cut it off or something. Or perhaps the guy has to say plz don't cut my only hair or something. I dunno either way it looks pretty damn bad

stupid hair loss lol

I had a comb over for a while, it made me feel better because I wasn't yet ready to shave my hair off. But when I was ready, I did and felt much better, as if someone took a huge weight off my shoulders (no pun intended). But MAKE SURE you're ready to shave it or you will probably be less open to the experience.

I had a comb over because I couldn't stand going to the hair dresser and looking in the mirror for half an hour while she combed my hair back and to the sides. I'll admit, getting a haircut was too embarrassing for me, which is what ultimately lead to me shaving my hair off. And I'm glad I did. My biggest issue with shaving my hair off was being so afraid that I'd never get the chance to grow it out again, but in retrospect, I made the right decision.

Thanks for the replies. All good.

My comb over was six inches longer on one side, so I could lash it over. Very embarrassing.

NB: I cut my hair myself. Too embarrassed to go to the barbers.

I'd wear a hair piece before having a comb over!

No worse than the shaved head though. Yuck!