+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Fixed by 35 View Post
    I'd wear a hair piece before having a comb over!

No worse than the shaved head though. Yuck!

Like I said, it creeps up on you, because you're just combing your hair as usual, except the strands are much longer.

I can honestly say I make a conscious effort to comb the side that my remaining parting is on firmly downwards and not across to avoid this unfortunate situation! Like I say, my hair is just diffusely thin, there's no bald spot so to 'comb over' doesn't really make any difference!

I wish I had a job where I could always wear a hat!

You should wish for hair, rather

Or a hairy hat.

I completely and utterly disagree about the shaved head thing with you Fixed By 35. It does suck ass... it's basically in the end realizing there isn't anything else to do... and it really really sucks...

But compared to comb overs?? C'mon. Comb overs are the WORST. They're absolutely ridiculous looking in my opinion....and you can always tell. Same with toupees or wigs...

It just seems like someones trying to lie to themselves... it's just... dumb. Plus they fall off and stuff.... it's just ridiculous.

were all losing hair but doing that is just... I dunno... weird

comb overs are like saying

"yeah, its kinda like a wig, but its my own hair, so its ok"

uh, no

Comb overs SUCK! I also think they are the WORST. They don't ALWAYS look that ridiculous. But the idea/concept of it...if someone spots you with that, you BETTER be 60 years old, at least.

im just gunna shave my head when it gets too bad...... comb-overs are not an option lol. The one time my hair did get too thin, I freaked out and shaved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fixed by 35 View Post
    Comb overs are no worse than shaved heads. Both look terrible and require about the same amount of effort.

Best thing to do is make what you have as neat as possible and leave it at that. Don't bother with anything that needs daily maintenance, shaved or combed, in my opinion!
    shaved looks way way better than that posted pic

The posted pic is very clearly not someone with MPB though. More like Areata.

Both look dreadful. Both need hats!

Gusto can I ask what you sport now just a short cut or shaved or did you get surgery. One thing I have noticed about surgery is no matter the best result under certain lighting you will always look thinner (but there are some amazing results)

Fixed by 35 - You really have a passion for hating shaved heads I have noticed. I am assuming you would rather wear a piece or just go gracefully bald with thinning and recession then shave. I understand about opinions and you are only being honest from what you think... just out of interest do you also hate the bald guy who has a beautiful partner in a restaurant

Lets face it everyone on this forum has issues the guys who are shaved and moved on without any confidence issues do not care what we think about shaved heads or not or thinning hair... they have great jobs and a wonderful relationship and life where they are doing amazing things while us sad fools just sit here on the forum crying and feeling sorry for ourselves (negative energy fuels even more negative energy). Apart from a very few people who are genuinely happy with themselves trying to help the rest of us it seems most of us arent willing to want to be helped

ie should I shave my head.... answer by alot of people no you will look like rubbish what a food who are you kidding (very constructive and maybe if you need to ask questions like that its best to ask loved ones and your friends because end of the day isnt that all that matters)