+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default What's up with my hairline?

Sorry, another one of those "am I balding?" posts ahead. Edit: I'm 26.

My dad is mostly bald (he keeps it cut short, so it's hard to tell). But the men on my mom's side of the family seem to be keeping full heads of hair well into their older years. I know that means little to nothing, but I thought I'd share it.

I made a compilation of cropped photos of my hairline from over the last seven years (older ones are on the left, the two on the middle and bottom right are present):

http://imgur.com/a/cVol6

My paranoia may be getting the best of me, but I can't tell whether or not my hairline is receding, especially around the temples -- or if it's always been like that.

Are there preventative steps I should take, or just wait and see?

I appreciate any thoughts you may have (besides that I'm probably overthinking this).

Hey,

So I'm about your age but started balding (and much more rapidly) in my early 20's. I remember those initial signs, and although it's so minuscule .. I do see it on you. You won't be in a danger zone though for another 10 years.

But for now if you wish to prevent the little hair loss here and there each year, I'd recommend looking into Propecia (finasteride) - the side effects are very rare. I've been taking for 4 years and am A okay.

Or in a few years you can get a small FUE (no scar) hair transplant for very cheap since you won't need a lot of hair added to the front.

Richter101 is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

Born Oct ’89
    Began Seeing Gradual Hair Loss Oct ’09
    Began Seeing Gradual Hair Gain June ’15

My regimen includes:
    HT #1 2200 (ARTAS- FUE) grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2016
    Finasteride daily, since 2014
    Rogaine experimenter from 2012- ’13 RIP

Planning HT #2 By End of This Year

^ Thanks for the reply. What are those initial minuscule signs you noticed on yourself and my photos? Are there specific things I can monitor moving forward? I'm very anti-med, so I'd rather hold off on pills until it's necessary.

Update: I took some closer shots of the temple-area hairline. My hairline hairs are lighter (and I believe they always have been), so they're a little harder to see: http://imgur.com/a/ChI4J

Your hairline looks pretty good bro , I see no sign of MPB

Update: someone mentioned that my hairline looked like it was receding, so I thought I would post an update since nine months have passed since I last posted. Should I be worrying? Taking action?

For reference, below is a timeline with the rightmost photos being taken in January:

Update: I found a close-up view from January 2017 (left) vs. September 2017 (right). I should mention that I had gone two months without a haircut in January, whereas I had my last haircut (and had it cut pretty short) at the end of last month.

You're definitely receding. Slowly but surely. What have you done so far? Any natural treatment? Any of the big 3? If I were you I would try out of the natural treatment I mentioned on my blog, it's a great post to read. Everything is detailed and there's a lot of great information to read. If after 4-5 months you're still receding, you will have to jump on one of the big 3 until modern science find a new solution or product without too many side effects.

^ It sounds like you just want me to read your blog full of what are likely affiliate links...

I took more more shots today to compare to January: https://imgur.com/a/0GLpV

Quote Originally Posted by richter101 View Post
    Hey,

So I'm about your age but started balding (and much more rapidly) in my early 20's. I remember those initial signs, and although it's so minuscule .. I do see it on you. You won't be in a danger zone though for another 10 years.

Planning HT #2 By End of This Year
    You can NOT, in good faith, tell this person when or not hair hairline is going to recede!!!

Genetics, environment, DHT.... stop with the fake advice already.