+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Bernard Yong View Post
    From my experience, Finastride won't make it worst. At most, it will be ineffective if the cause of hair loss is from another source. Hope this helps.

__________________________________________________ ____________________
    Cosmetology Ayurveda HerbalPlus Hair Loss Treatment, a natural, herb based solution which is based on the ancient medicine system of Ayurveda. Find out more at www.cosmetology.com.my.
    I agree. Some people experience a small shed with Finasteride, but I don't think that's the norm. Personally, I'm more interested in your psychological/emotional well being and hope that that's going well for you. The point of life isn't that we completely avoid bad or inconvenient things that happen to us - but that we have the tools necessary to handle those things with a sense of confidence and self respect when they do occur. Once you get these things under control, should it turn out that you are indeed losing your hair, you'll be better equipped to make smart, rational decisions about how to proceed.

And seriously - how's therapy going? I hope very well. and that you're seeing some positive change in your daily life (not to mention your sleeping!)

Hi all,

So I've been wanting to make an update for a while now, but I kept my hair short on purpose as my therapist insisted(avoid the mental issues). But now that I feel a bit more comfortable in my own skin I decided to let it grow. And I personally think that my hair has improved, but I would love some of your opinions on it too. So I made the pictures in the exact same setting, only this time my hair is still much shorter. My hair is still shedding, but not nearly as much( max 50 a day +/- 5 on a good day). My mental health is better as I've did as pkipling suggested and went to a therapist.

All of these pictures are made in Direct lighting with a much better camera than the previous ones:

I found this picture too, it's me before any hair problems started(19/20YO) as you can see I've always had that widows peak hairline.

I also want to include these, which is when my hair is really short(and combed forward). In this state I never notice any thinning.. What do you guys think ?

Anyone an opinion on this?

Inactive

Amazing update bud. Not only does your hair look great, but your overall tone and attitude seem much more upbeat.

A couple thoughts - Stop counting your hair shed! We shed around 100 hairs a day anyway, so you're totally fine. Not only that, but we naturally go through phases of increased shedding anyway, so if you're making counting the shed a part of your daily routine, eventually you'll notice an increase and have an unwarranted freak out. If you want to monitor your hair, take pictures once every month or so at the most - but based on those pictures alone, it doesn't seem like you have much to worry about right now.

Stay vigilant with the anxiety. Speaking from personal experience, it's a muscle you have to work every day, so try not to get complacent and think you don't have to put in the work anymore. You seem to be well equipped with the tools you need to move forward in a healthy mental state, so keep it up.

And lastly - it's very impressive you're doing the personal work to be able to handle all of this better. Most people would rather stay complacent and stuck in a rut than make the necessary changes to improve their circumstances, so you should be very proud of that.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My opinions/comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.