Propecia indecision driving me crazy. - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread

Default Propecia indecision driving me crazy.

Hi all,
    I am a 23 yr old Caucasian male and would say I am about a Norwood 2.5. Over the past couple years I have witnessed a slow recession in my left and right corners. Over the past year my temples (sides) have thinned and receded a little bit. The left side of my hairline is thinner and more receded than my right. I still have very dense hair everywhere except the very front of my hairline. I don't seem to shed either (no hair in shower, on pillow, etc.). I always keep my hair buzzed to a #1.5 and am still happy with my looks and where my hair stands. I think If I keep losing more I will still look good (strong face, dark eye brows, naturally tan complexion.)
    Though, I would absolutely love to take my prescribed Propecia and maintain what I have and (just maybe) thicken my hairline back up a bit. I'm skeptical after reading a bunch of stories of hairlines worsening and thinning all over after starting Propecia. This indecision is driving me more crazy than the receding hairline itself.

Advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Inactive

Unfortunately, everyone responds to the drug differently, so there's no way to tell you exactly what to expect. Starting with a really small dosage every other day would be an option that would allow you to ease into it instead of jumping in head first. That might be your best bet if you're really concerned.

Is this something you can talk to your prescribing doctor about and get his professional input? Personally, I've been taking 1.25 mgs daily (though sometimes I forget and miss a day) and have had success and no negative side effects that can definitely be attributed to Finasteride. My opinion is that there is most likely a better chance of you having a positive experience than a negative one, but there's no way to guarantee that.

Whatever decision you make, don't allow your brain to go back and forth and cause you additional stress. Be confident in whichever decision you make and try to move on. The worrying and driving yourself crazy isn't going to do you or your hair any favors.

Good luck man.

Hey,

My fear for taking it was that my junk wouldn't work.. haha Happy to say everything is A okay. lol But my strategy was that the moment something started going wrong, stop taking the drug.

With that in mind, what do you got to lose?

Richter101 is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

Born Oct ’89
    Began Seeing Gradual Hair Loss Oct ’09
    Began Seeing Gradual Hair Gain June ’15

My regimen includes:
    HT #1 2200 (ARTAS- FUE) grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2016
    Finasteride daily, since 2014
    Rogaine experimenter from 2012- ’13 RIP

Planning HT #2 By End of This Year

Please google Post finasteride syndrome before taking it . Some side effects are still with me to this date (I quit it 7 months ago) .

Quote Originally Posted by Kashman View Post
    Please google Post finasteride syndrome before taking it . Some side effects are still with me to this date (I quit it 7 months ago) .
    Disgusting lies from another should be metal patient. If you think blocking 70% of a hormone which is essentially a variant of testosterone then you have problems outside of taking the drug, most likely you're fat, ugly and overweight and have low testosterone because you don't work out or eat healthy. It's all in your head.

Quote Originally Posted by Hauckie93 View Post
    Hi all,
    I am a 23 yr old Caucasian male and would say I am about a Norwood 2.5. Over the past couple years I have witnessed a slow recession in my left and right corners. Over the past year my temples (sides) have thinned and receded a little bit. The left side of my hairline is thinner and more receded than my right. I still have very dense hair everywhere except the very front of my hairline. I don't seem to shed either (no hair in shower, on pillow, etc.). I always keep my hair buzzed to a #1.5 and am still happy with my looks and where my hair stands. I think If I keep losing more I will still look good (strong face, dark eye brows, naturally tan complexion.)
    Though, I would absolutely love to take my prescribed Propecia and maintain what I have and (just maybe) thicken my hairline back up a bit. I'm skeptical after reading a bunch of stories of hairlines worsening and thinning all over after starting Propecia. This indecision is driving me more crazy than the receding hairline itself.

Advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Take a microdose, get a hair transplant for the recession and hairlines and forget about it. Add some nizoral and lllt too. DONE. If you're thinking about getting on propecia, it means you WILL at some point inevitably end up on it. May as well be sooner rather than later.