+ Reply to Thread

Default Hair turned blue after transplant

After having a FUT procedure yesterday, I noticed my hair had a blue tint. Today it was more obvious. I'll shampoo tomorrow, but I tried washing a strand with soap and water but still blue. Anybody know what could have caused it to turn blue and if it will wash out? Anybody else experience this?

My hair is blond. I had highlights added in the spring but most of that had already been cut out. But what could have been uses during the process to create a blue color?

Thanks

Perhaps the marker to draw the hairline or more likely they may have used a dye to make it easier to see the incisions/slits for placing the grafts in. Ask the clinic who performed the transplant.

Thanks Scar D. Sounds logical. I'm waiting on a reply from the clinic. Will post their answer and my results when I can start shampooing good again.

Talked to clinic. Was basically told to leave it alone other than shampooing twice a day and that it would wash out and/or fade over time. However, because of the scabbing, I'm not able to "wash it". Just basically rinsing it. So I'll just follow the take home instructions and plan to cut out as much as possible in two weeks.

My guess is that the remaining highlights that were in my long hair from 8 months ago reacted with the saline. Clinics, advise your patients pre-surgery that this can happen and to prepare accordingly. I could have gotten all of the highlights cut out before the surgery.

Inactive

First I've ever heard of this, though I also don't see lots of blonde hair transplants in the forum. The ink used to mark the incisions was my first guess as well and I assume it will fade rather quickly. And by the time you're ready to be back in public, you'll probably be able to wash your hair by then anyway.

And while it's not ideal, a part of me thinks it may look kinda cool. Does it?

Quote Originally Posted by pkipling View Post
    First I've ever heard of this, though I also don't see lots of blonde hair transplants in the forum. The ink used to mark the incisions was my first guess as well and I assume it will fade rather quickly. And by the time you're ready to be back in public, you'll probably be able to wash your hair by then anyway.

And while it's not ideal, a part of me thinks it may look kinda cool. Does it?