+ Reply to Thread

Default hair loss on donor site

Hi guys, I registered here just for advice on my situation, I am currently on FUE number 3 ( first 2 not enough grafts put in at all) and since my 3rd I developed loads of spots on one side of my head..behind my left ear for some reason.
    This did not happen before and my surgeon told me it was only hairs struggling to get through, even though the problem is on my donor site, anyway i was put on 1 weeks antibiotics and given Fucidin cream to use, the problem is when i burst the pimples lots of hair was coming out, Im very freaked out by this. Now one side of my head is full of bald spots and im very worried the hair wont grow back, its been probably 3 weeks now and i cant see any growth yet on the donor site. Any advice or help would be much appreciated. thanks

If any moderators are on or anyone who knows anything about these procedures are on could you please help me here with some advice, really hope i wont need yet another procedure. thanks. by the way the clinic told me it would be absolutely fine to burst the pimples because i was worried about bursting despite the pain they were causing. UK clinic KSL

It is next to impossible to analyze your issue without photos. From what you're saying however it sounds like some hairs were impacted when they were being scored. This means that when the punch was staring the cutting process and it was being pushed into the donor tissue the follicle was pushed into the donor zone. These follicles are difficult to extract or they sometimes are not seen if the operator is going fast. It could also be a sign of partial transection, where part of the follicle is cut and left behind and the hair shaft is either trying to regrow (unlikely) or the dead hair shaft is been seen as a foreign body and your body is trying to eject it. That's why you've got "spots" which I can only assume are pimples.

Again, photos would help.
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

I wish i knew how to insert photos which i have already took

Use a free photo hosting site like Flikr or similar, upload after you've setup your account and then copy the URL of the image. Then come back here and use the "image" option available in each post being made and insert the URL into the box that appears. Voila.
    Joe Tillman

I hope this works

You can clearly see the bald patches, if you can see the attached images.

When i let my hair grow, obviously the bald patches look much worse so tonight i shaved my head, but because of the inevitable FUE scarring its a no win situation.

Give it time. The center patch I see has stubble still, but it seems to not be growing(?). You do have some sort of foreign body reaction going on but it is impossible to say why but it is from one of the issues I mentioned earlier. It really comes down to whether or not the doctor was experienced with FUE and knew what he/she was doing. There is also the chance that you've contracted an infection from the clinic but because you said there is hair matter in your "bumps" when you squeeze them I again refer to the issues I mentioned at first. Continue with your doctor's recommended treatments and update this thread with any developments.
    Joe Tillman

Easier said than done but I have no choice. Yes close up the bald patches are shiny, as in completely lost all hair in that small area, I can only pray this resolves itself. Thanks for replying