X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JoeTillman
    • Jul 2014

Originally posted by jmq50
    Hi Joe,

I'm a 28 year-old and was planning on getting an FUE transplant w/ 1500 grafts w/ a reputable HT surgeon in the near future. Primarily, the plan is to fill in the receding areas around the tuft, no plan to lower the hairline at all. I'm not thinning on the crown but obviously somewhat worried about how quickly the balding will progress in the coming years - I'm aware I will almost certainly need a 2nd procedure at some point down the line. Recently, I've been having some second thoughts about going through with it and would really appreciate to hear your opinion as to whether or not you thought this was a reasonable plan, especially given my age. I attached some current photos. Thank you!

https://www.flickr.com/gp/149565074@N07/8WB16d
    The numbers seem about right, if not a bit on the low side, but adequate at worst. However, the question I have is; what have you done to prevent further loss? What is your family history? In other words, is there a strong history of hairloss in your family? Being 28 I think you should try to stop your existing loss by whatever means necessary before you go the surgical route. Once you're cut, you're cut, and there is no way you can go back to normal.
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

Comment

Working...