Closed Thread

Thread: Bad result

Default Bad result

last year I travelled to Antalya to get a ht with Hakan doganay i was told I would need around 4000 fue to get a good result.

When I arrived at the airport i waited for about 45 minutes for my pickup to arrive it was 3 young men driving a car with rap music blurring. Didn't think much of it at the time.

consultation.
    This lasted 5 minutes and Hakan ran his fingers up my skin head and told me I had only enough for 2500 grafts and would have to use 1300 beard grafts. I had a skin head at the time and remember thinking I always had really thick hair at the sides when it grows and was a bit confused. I was asked to make the decision on the spot and I said if you think it will give me a good result I will go for it. I showed them the picture again of the patient they used as an example who used beard grafts and had a good result and asked would I get the same and they said I should yes. The whole thing was extremely rushed.

Sugery
    The techs did all the extractions.

Hakan implanted about 1000 of the normal fue on day one using his left hand to implant one and his right to implant the other. two hands implanting at once. Very rushed. When he was finished his part he disappeared. On the beard graft day the techs did all of the work.

Result

I knew after five months I wasn't going to get a good result and I was right. All of the covered areas still weak and patchy and clearly visibile beard grafts from hair as other converge is weak. Also they said the beard grafts are only used in the vertex. I can see beard grafts in my vertex but running all the way to my hairline. I'm not happy with my hairline either and because it's patchy looks a bit unnatural.

Hakan first said I could probably get 800 more fue normal in the future if it healed well. When I wasn't happy with the result they said use the 800 at the front and fill the rest in with beard grafts. I said no i didn't want a head full of beard grafts !

They offered my 50% of my money back then and I took it.

Since then I had a consultation with two top surgeons and they both said I have around 3000, probably more, normal hair for left and didn't know why beard was used.

I went back to Hakan with pictures of donar grown and he said I should have 2000 more there now, an increase from 800 and clear evidence a proper count was taken at consultation and beard grafts would have had to be used. They said they would implant the 2000 and remove the beard grafts if I wanted later on.

I have asked for a full refund and was told no by them so I'm posting my story here to see if I'm being unreasonable or they are.

Also I've booked in with a top surgeon to get 3000 more done in January. When this is done I will post pre and post Hakan pics and pre and post other surgeon pics.

This had ruined my life for a year now. I don't socialize any more and wear my hat whenever I can not wearing it and going anywhere takes real effort. I'm hoping the corrective surgery will sort it out. They are going to correct my hairline and fill in the gaps. God willing I will get a good result this time.

This is a full and true account with nothing exaggerated. I didn't see all the flaws at the time but looking back the whole process is really poor.

Arrow

The above is a complaint posted by a verified patient and will remain live on the site unless the patient requests that it be removed. As per our TOS users seeking to write a public complaint about a doctor, are required to verify their identity and BaldTruthTalk.Com will then notify the doctor so that he/she can respond publicly as well. The thread will allow for the patient to tell their story, the doctor to respond, the patient to reply to the doctor's response and one last response from the doctor if necessary. The thread will then be locked. General commentary from other users will not be allowed.