Will i get back to my former thickness if the stress is gone/ how long does that take

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aneeqazi
    • Dec 2016

Will i get back to my former thickness if the stress is gone/ how long does that take

Hello.
    I have a question about hairloss.
    I'm an 18 years old male and have a Norwood 2/2.5 right now, I'd say. I'd like to give you guys a bit of a backstory.
    I've always had a receding hairline a Norwood 1 I think but the hair I did have was always thick. Not REALLY thick but thick enough for me to never even care about my receding hairline. But this summer I went through serious mental stress like to the point where I had several outbursts of me just crying hysterically over my university admissions and also simultaneously studying 17 hours a day. Now at this point I had trimmed my hair off so I didn't see any hair fall off but when it grew back it was ridiculously thinner than before I trimmed it off. It had transformed from a Norwood 1 to 2 because the edges although still have a rogue hairs are too thin to still be considered to be a part of my hairline. Now this period of extended stress ended about 2 months ago and I've noticed exponentially increasing hairfall.
    Now I should mention my dad is bald and one of my brother's, in his early 30's is going bald who btw is also a Norwood 3 but he's 30 and im only 18!
    So I guess after all that my question is, is my current hairline a result of stress and if so how long will it take to get back to its former thickness (has already been 2 months of no stress), if it even will?! Or has this extended period of stress just accelerated my genetic predisposition to going bald?
  • darchangel77
    • Dec 2016

dear anneqazi,

Do not worry too much. Stress causes hairloss and hair loss causes more stress in return. So U understand it is a vicious cycle where one thing gives rise to another and it goes on and on. We all know that Hair grows in cycles - anagen (growing phase) lasts for 3 to 4 years , Catagen (transition phase) which is very short at about 2 to 3 weeks and finally telogen(resting phase) where hair is detached from the root and just waiting to be shed(fall) which lasts from 3 to 4 months. So that means , if you had an event of stress for a lenght of time and it must have triggered a lot of anagen hair to go into the resting phase(telogen) which are about to shed after 3 months. In your case 2 months have already passed away so your a month away to experience more hairloss. but simultaenously you will have hair growing in .Your hairloss should stop in another 1 and half months and you should notice regrowth in another 4 months( I know it is a really a slow process but it is the only true solution ).
    1 Have good amount of sleep. Sleep by 11 pm wake up at 6 am
    2 Drink lots of water 8 glasses per day
    3 Follow A PITTA reducing Diet.
    4 Do simple anulom vilom Pranayam for 20 mins after you wake up and before you go to bed.
    These are the secrets for good hair

Comment

Working...