Threaded View

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Lindsey's Avatar

Default Dr. Lindsey Class 7 patient after 1st case, planning second, fine hair

This fellow lives out of state. He came by last week to plan his second case. Now he is a challenge! First off, he had LOTS of scalp to cover. Second, he has limited donor hair. Third, his donor hair is FINE...meaning like skinny trees (see any of my numerous planting videos on youtube) it takes more skinny trees or skinny hairs to cover an inch of real estate than if its thick bushy trees or hair.

This short video shows how I approach this problem and views of him preop, a short video at 6 months, and then now at 23 months. We'll do his second case in a few months and I'll update this. Although he's busy, and out of our area, hopefully he'll log on and add his 2 cents.

Really, on guys with this problem, EXACTLY half of my potential patients say that if we can't cover everything, they want nothing. AND half say framing the face and having a bald crown is a great option. Those of you who've seen me in person, with class 5-7 hairloss, know that I START the discussion with that sentence. Sprinkling a little all over is usually a waste of time, money and hair.

The video is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MwAML2LMSY
    Dr. Lindsey
    William Lindsey, MD
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

Similar Threads

1. Video Dr. Lindsey 6 months out from 2nd case, fine hair
    By Dr. Lindsey in forum Hair Transplant Videos, Patient Interviews and Surgeon Q & A
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-06-2016, 06:59 AM
  2. Dr. Lindsey Successful repair case of fine hair indian guy
    By Dr. Lindsey in forum Hair Transplant Results By IAHRS Recommended Surgeons
    Last Post: 07-12-2016, 09:53 AM
  3. Dr. Lindsey Frontal Repair Case with fine red hair McLean VA
    Last Post: 05-12-2016, 10:34 AM
  4. Dr. Lindsey 5 month check on 3000 graft case with fine hair, and very short hair in d
    Last Post: 01-28-2014, 06:05 AM
  5. 2200 graft repair in very fine hair patient by Dr. Lindsey McLean VA
    Last Post: 04-06-2010, 11:16 AM