+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

True, but then there's the issue if you cut to much dht you could deprive other things. Hence sides, but it was just a thought. I took 0.5mg, hoping for the best. It's day 1 for me, a few more days would tell right? Seems sensitive types get sides within the week.

Quote Originally Posted by k9gatton View Post
    Personally I don't think .25% is going to do it. Stop hair loss that is.

Finasteride, one milligram, only cuts DHT conversion by seventy percent. That's it.
    0.25 cuts DHT by 60-63% compared to 1mg with 70%. Add a topical anti androgen like 2% keto as well as a shampoo with alpha 5 reductase blockers like saw palmetto, and finally a minoxidil and most are going to be more than ok. My doctor said that about 10% of people who he prescribed 1mg fin have had to jump off because of sides within a month. Lately he has suggested 0.25mg and has had no one come back with issues.You're better off taking the micro dose with 80% of the DHT results and going for a kitchen sink method on the side to make up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheHair View Post
    True, but then there's the issue if you cut to much dht you could deprive other things. Hence sides, but it was just a thought. I took 0.5mg, hoping for the best. It's day 1 for me, a few more days would tell right? Seems sensitive types get sides within the week.
    I started on 1mg a year ago and lasted a single pill. I had sides for a week afterwards. Tried 0.25mg ED half a week ago and aside from mild ball ache I feel fine.

On the 0.25mg and Minox, had anyone actually seen regrowth? I see allot of individuals say they just keep shedding.

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheHair View Post
    On the 0.25mg and Minox, had anyone actually seen regrowth? I see allot of individuals say they just keep shedding.
    30% of people should get regrowth on minox alone.

Unhappy

@JeanlucBergman - Wish that was true, but I think that 30% includes ANY improvement not just regrowth. I have been on Minox for over 1.5 years and have not seen real regrowth. Minox keeps hairs in that final stage, hairs you lose anyway will most likely get a few extra cycles before giving up anyway. Its really a slower death. I think the amount of users who get real regrowth is much much fewer, where these are not just vellus hairs going through some endless cycle.

Unfortunately, I know every 6 months or so I go through a major shed. I freak out, then 3 months later I see some fill-in but not as good as it was several months prior. :: Sigh :: It sucks. I'll keep on minox regardless until I decide to give up on this game. I was just hoping to hear that minox users who go on fin have better luck with the sheds.

Well if you're using a shampoo with Keto, DHT blockers and alpha 5 reductase reducers like saw palmetto, along with a minoxidil and blocking 60% of your DHT with fin, chances are you'd have a very good shot.

I've read of plenty of people who are disappointed with their results, but generally if you stop using minox or fin because you think it isn't working, people lose a years worth within a month and wish they'd never stopped. The idea that blocking 60% of DHT with 0.25mg of fin is not having a positive effect on hair makes no sense either.

Yea, during my 1.5 years I used Regenepure (Nizoral is just to harsh for consistent use), I used saw palmetto on and off. I think there is value in saw palmetto, but its just too weak if you are at the stage where thinning/balding is apparent. I will say for the last couple of months that I used saw palmetto consistently I did see some thickening. However, being as advanced along the path its not enough. So you definitely need to attack from within.

To your point, thats one main reason I have not quit minox. You don't know, what you don't know until the time comes. So whether it did anything who knows, but if I quit I could lose far more and at this point I am not willing to gamble. I'll pay the few bucks a month and few minutes a day to lather it on, until the day comes I say good bye hair. It seems if you have reaction to 0.25mg you'll react to 0.5mg, and if you have that much sides you just gotta quit cause the body is not tolerating it. I'll ride out 0.25mg to see if it helps ease onto the stuff for the next few days, on day 2 and so far so good.

Oh and one final point about quitting, I think how much you lose depends on duration you held on to hope. If after 6 months you see absolutely no change and jump off, I think you stand too lose very little. However, individuals who went on longer (and especially who did not ween off) stand to lose much more. At that point your too dependent, IMO.

I dont understand , why such crappy drug like finasteride is still legal even after so many people have come out openly about side effects caused by it.
    I have personally experienced impotence. Low semen quantity, depressive mood, lackb of a drive to do anything in life when i was on 1 mg finasteride.
    Seriously man i realised it was the drug and stopped taking it. After 3 to 4 months i realised i was getting back to normal life, erections were backand i started feeling uplifted. I finally took a pledge never to touch that piece of shit again. And this was about 3 years ago. I have completely accepted ayurveda and it has been absolutely wonderful. All this theoryof dht causing hairloss is only one part of the story and is not the complete truth. There is more to it. Dht is the result of something that we are doing wrong in our lives. It can be anything for example lifestyle,diet,stress etc.

Quote Originally Posted by darchangel77 View Post
    I dont understand , why such crappy drug like finasteride is still legal even after so many people have come out openly about side effects caused by it.
    I have personally experienced impotence. Low semen quantity, depressive mood, lackb of a drive to do anything in life when i was on 1 mg finasteride.
    Seriously man i realised it was the drug and stopped taking it. After 3 to 4 months i realised i was getting back to normal life, erections were backand i started feeling uplifted. I finally took a pledge never to touch that piece of shit again. And this was about 3 years ago. I have completely accepted ayurveda and it has been absolutely wonderful. All this theoryof dht causing hairloss is only one part of the story and is not the complete truth. There is more to it. Dht is the result of something that we are doing wrong in our lives. It can be anything for example lifestyle,diet,stress etc.
    It's weird, when I first did 1mg it was the worst I had ever felt in my life. I took one pill and had sides you are talking about for a week. About a week ago I tried 0.25mg and have never felt better. In fact my orgasms and sex drive have never been higher. I feel genuinely happier and uplifted from the fact I'm on it too.

"Dht is the result of something that we are doing wrong in our lives. It can be anything for example lifestyle,diet,stress etc."

That is just a feel good lie. All those things affect MPB to some degree, but for 90% of people changing those things will not save their hair loss.

Interesting that when I had trouble with 1mg I thought everyone saying propecia was worth taking was an idiot, now after successfully taking 0.25mg with no sides as of yet your post is the one that sounds idiotic.