+ Reply to Thread

Default Dr raghu reddy - the private clinic - advice

Hey All,

I recently visited dr raghu reddy at the Private clinic in London

My hair is thinning and receding at the front but I'm by no means bald at this point

I was quoted and advised to have 6000 hair grafts in a 2 day FUE procedure. This would be at the cost of £15k

Having researched, this amount of grafts seems like A LOT

Would be great to get other people's thoughts on this and if it's reasonable - - also any experience with the private clinic

Thanks all!

It is hard to say much without pics. Mega sessions have pros and cons. If everything works out fine then you're in a great position and you could potentially get everything you need done in one surgery. The downside is you may get overharvested and you may have a lower yield from more stress and strain on your recipient area. Your scalp may not be able to sustain that many new grafts all at once. Personally, I think that's more than I would be willing to do in one session/surgery but others would say it is fine. Also, you might be burning a tremendous amount of your donor all in one shot and you may leave yourself a little reservoir for additional procedures in years to come.

Dr Ready seems to have good results but he usually presents his results in terms of the number of hairs but grafts. Check your quote and I think you will find it quotes 6000 hairs not grafts. Given the expensive UK prices £15k would be too cheap for 6000 grafts. Bear in mind most clinics quote in grafts and the average number of hairs is 2.2 hairs per 1 graft

hi there - did you go with Dr Reddy in the end? how did it go? I'm considering him along with Dr Farjo so really curious as to how you got on!

Quote Originally Posted by Cbass View Post
    Hey All,

I recently visited dr raghu reddy at the Private clinic in London

My hair is thinning and receding at the front but I'm by no means bald at this point

I was quoted and advised to have 6000 hair grafts in a 2 day FUE procedure. This would be at the cost of £15k

Having researched, this amount of grafts seems like A LOT

Would be great to get other people's thoughts on this and if it's reasonable - - also any experience with the private clinic

Thanks all!
    hi there - did you go with Dr Reddy in the end? how did it go? I'm considering him along with Dr Farjo so really curious as to how you got on!

you say hair grafts, does this mean hairs or grafts. because if i understand correctly typically grafts can contain between 1-5 hairs, meaning it would only be about 2k grafts.

The numbers involved in a hair transplant should primarily be the number of grafts. A graft will normally contain 1-4 hairs, with 2 being the average, so if the clinic is quoting you hairs rather than grafts, then the numbers will be inflated by a factor of two.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com