• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cbass
    • Dec 2016

Dr raghu reddy - the private clinic - advice

Hey All,

I recently visited dr raghu reddy at the Private clinic in London

My hair is thinning and receding at the front but I'm by no means bald at this point

I was quoted and advised to have 6000 hair grafts in a 2 day FUE procedure. This would be at the cost of £15k

Having researched, this amount of grafts seems like A LOT

Would be great to get other people's thoughts on this and if it's reasonable - - also any experience with the private clinic

Thanks all!
  • Driver
    • Nov 2015

It is hard to say much without pics. Mega sessions have pros and cons. If everything works out fine then you're in a great position and you could potentially get everything you need done in one surgery. The downside is you may get overharvested and you may have a lower yield from more stress and strain on your recipient area. Your scalp may not be able to sustain that many new grafts all at once. Personally, I think that's more than I would be willing to do in one session/surgery but others would say it is fine. Also, you might be burning a tremendous amount of your donor all in one shot and you may leave yourself a little reservoir for additional procedures in years to come.

Comment

• Hairsgone
      • Feb 2016

Dr Ready seems to have good results but he usually presents his results in terms of the number of hairs but grafts. Check your quote and I think you will find it quotes 6000 hairs not grafts. Given the expensive UK prices £15k would be too cheap for 6000 grafts. Bear in mind most clinics quote in grafts and the average number of hairs is 2.2 hairs per 1 graft

Comment

• rknrolls
        • May 2017

hi there - did you go with Dr Reddy in the end? how did it go? I'm considering him along with Dr Farjo so really curious as to how you got on!

Comment

• rknrolls
          • May 2017

Originally posted by Cbass
          Hey All,

I recently visited dr raghu reddy at the Private clinic in London

My hair is thinning and receding at the front but I'm by no means bald at this point

I was quoted and advised to have 6000 hair grafts in a 2 day FUE procedure. This would be at the cost of £15k

Having researched, this amount of grafts seems like A LOT

Would be great to get other people's thoughts on this and if it's reasonable - - also any experience with the private clinic

Thanks all!
          hi there - did you go with Dr Reddy in the end? how did it go? I'm considering him along with Dr Farjo so really curious as to how you got on!

Comment

• Wake
            • Apr 2017

you say hair grafts, does this mean hairs or grafts. because if i understand correctly typically grafts can contain between 1-5 hairs, meaning it would only be about 2k grafts.

Comment

• mattj
              Doctor Representative
              • Oct 2009

The numbers involved in a hair transplant should primarily be the number of grafts. A graft will normally contain 1-4 hairs, with 2 being the average, so if the clinic is quoting you hairs rather than grafts, then the numbers will be inflated by a factor of two.
              I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Comment

Working...