+ Reply to Thread

Default Hair loss 24 years old

I seem to have lost a lot of hair in a very short space of time and it's really freaking me out. From pictures taken in May/June time I have a full and very thick head of hair. Then in late July I had my hair cut quite short and decided to just spike it up a little rather than sweep it over like I usually do when it's a little longer. I went to a pub to meet a friend and just happened to catch a glimpse of myself in a mirror opposite from where I was sitting and it honestly looked like I had no hair on the top of my head. I initially shrugged it off but literally thirty seconds later my friend said "mate are you losing your hair?"

I returned home that night and had a proper look and to my horror it looked like I had lost loads of hair across the top of my head. No recession in the temple areas though. My girlfriend said I was just being paranoid but I know my hair and I know it is nowhere near as thick as it was just six months ago.

Fast forward to December and there has been no improvement, I'm not really sure if it has gotten worse since then or just stayed the same but I've had a few comments from friends about how thin my hair looks, my girlfriend is still in denial.

My dad went bald in his mid twenties so I wasn't exactly shocked that it has started to happen to me. I'm surprised at just how gutted I am though. I wanted to burst into tears when I first realised it was happening. I always had thick black hair and it really complemented my blue eyes. I think I'm going to look horrendous when I shave it all off. My confidence has been virtually destroyed over night.

What scares me the most is that my girlfriend of four years will fall out of love with me. She says she wouldn't care if I went bald but when I bring up the prospect of me shaving my hair off she freaks out. I feel ugly and unwanted and have started to wear caps when I go out in public and sometimes even around the house.

It probably sounds pathetic but I'm even starting to think about not having kids for fear I pass the gene on to my little boy should I have one.

I always hoped I'd get my hair from my mother's dad who had a full head of hair all his life but it seems my dad's shitty genes have won out. I feel miserable all the time and try to avoid looking in the mirror. When my friends make jokes about me losing my hair I put on a brave face but inside I'm dying.

I debated taking finasteride but the horror stories online about permanent sexual side effects put me off. I guess this is something I'll just have to learn to live with. I have a friend who started losing his hair at 18 and when I asked him about it he said he couldn't care less about losing his hair. I wish I could feel that way!

I try to take solace in the fact that I'm 6 foot tall with a nice lean build but in my head that will all be irrelevant once my hair is all gone. I wouldn't blame my girlfriend if she left me.

Sorry for the long post.

I feel you. It's almost an exact copy of my story, 24 years old too lost 70% of it from this summer until now. I also had very thick hair and was considered a good looking guy, and I am just as worried as you are that loosing my hair will make me ugly. I'm afraid that I'll lose all my self confidence once it happens and never find an attractive girl. I too had a girlfriend but she dumped me two days ago.

dear chrispbacon,

I do not know which country you belong to, but let me tell you something,I dont Feel sorry for your condition because it is completely reversible and I know you can do it.
    I belong to INDIA which is the birth place of civilization and also AYURVEDA - which is compiled 6000 years ago by Maharishis(note - It was compiled 6000 years ago but is actually much much older). Ayurveda is a sanskrit word where AYU - life and VEDA - Science which literally means science of life.
    Forget propecia , forget dht, forget genetics and all this mumbo jumbo about so called modern medicine which only exists to turn u into a cash cow and take all your hard earned money and never cure you. whatever this modern science does not understand they label it as genetic !!!
    This is coming from a person who has gone through every modern medicine stuff for hair loss(propecia,rogaine,hair lotions, multivitamin tablets blah blah blah) . I was heart broken when i started to realise that my erections had become weak and also started to have mood swings,depression,sadness, lack of motivation to do any thing in my life at all. You tell me what is the use of such so called modern medicines when it makes you impotent and sad??
    One fine day i finally decided i will stop these fancy medications and never turn back to them MO MATTER WHAT (even if that meant i was to go bald!!!).
    Now , buddy, i should say its a shame that being from India I never tried ayurveda but since the time i have adopted it i am completely cured!!. I started losing hair at 15 years of age and i am now 26 but i still have a nice thick mop of hair which i style as desired.

DUDE please understand one thing, popping a pill or putting something on your head wont work or only work partially because you are doing it from the outside. what really matters is how your body is behaving from the inside.
    what really matters is you lifestyle which includes -
    stress
    food that you eat
    hydration
    your waking and sleeping hours
    exercise (according to your body type which i will discuss ahead)
    These are the big 5 things that really are the key to a healthy life which is reflected in the form of healthy hair . believe me it is that simple !
    Remember, what ever your body is undergoing at present it will be reflected in your hair after 3 to 4 months for the simple reason that hair grows in cycles(this is common knowledge , in case you dont know about it read on the internet). the above statement also means that if you start following heakthy lifestyle from today, you will start noticing difference in your hair quality only after a minimum of 3 to 4 months.

First of all you have to find out which body type you have*( vata , pitta or kapha)
    usually hairfall always happens to people off pitta (heat) constitution
    Follow a PITTA DIET
    Dont worry ill post a link where u can get all information and you can do your own research before starting a new lifestyle ( https://www.banyanbotanicals.com/inf...kapha-and-you/)

Remember , be cool as you always were and never underestimate your body's healing capabilities.

Your girlfriend is probably being kind to you. If your dad lost a lot of hair in his twenties, you might not be as fast. But you will likely lose your hair.

mate! take a deep breathe and take a mirror and look at yourself and start smiling.
    want to talk little bit about myself, my hairline is still there where it was 9 years ago am 27 btw, the problem is i have diffusing on my scalp and vertex. i was thinking to kill my self just like you till i shaved my head, I have spent my first month explaining myself to people why i shaved my head, the advantage of being diffuser is that when you shave your head it looks like you have afull head of hair,After one month i started kind of like it , i started enjoying taking shower)))
    i started being nice to my hairList of things i am doing now is , 1) i went from washing(shampooing) them everyday to once a week in three month i am using nizoral and will switch it to regenepure soon, the result is oily scalp problem is solved!!!2) i started taking Propecia(1mg a day) no side effects so far my penis still wakes up earlier than me thanksfully))i started rogaine(foam) treatment since i shave my head once a week i havent observed any shedding phase and feeling something good happening over my scalp, i am taking vitamin(itreallyworksvitamin) iron supplement and biotin and will add dermaroller very soon to increase the efficiency of lotion ( i am also using natural dht blocker mixture), Trust me all my suicidal thoughts have been vanished am no longer stressed which is definetely another reason of balding.

you might also want to get your blood checked if you have any vitamin or iron deficiency or if you have any thyroid stimulating hormone problem, while doing all these stuff i truly realized hairs are not most vital thing in our life meantime i also carry the hope that i will get my dense hair back . Hope you will get soon mate . Dont worry you will get your hair back!!