+ Reply to Thread

Default Am I the only one frustrated by this?

why are hair transplants so expensive? And how can a poor person who has bad credit and lives on $740 a month ever afford to have hair transplants? Im almost totally bald on top and im only 28.Am i doomed to be bald and goofy looking forever just because im not wealthy?it seems that way and its extremely frustrating.

I'm not sure if your post was intended to vent, or to receive advice... But based on your post (and your selected username), it sounds like you have much bigger challenges than simply having hair on your head.

Shave your head and get into phenomenal shape. Pay off your debt and reassess your financial goals. Reevaluate all the other problem-areas of your life that are within your control. Give yourself until the end of this year to feel however you need to, and then reset it for 2017 and make it your best.

It is frustrating. The lack of options.

There are medications that are cheap, such as Minoxidil. The regrowth of new hair is temporary,
    but it could last for years.

Also generic Propecia.

It's frustratng fr me too

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by rbkoreaus View Post
    I'm not sure if your post was intended to vent, or to receive advice... But based on your post (and your selected username), it sounds like you have much bigger challenges than simply having hair on your head.

Shave your head and get into phenomenal shape. Pay off your debt and reassess your financial goals. Reevaluate all the other problem-areas of your life that are within your control. Give yourself until the end of this year to feel however you need to, and then reset it for 2017 and make it your best.
    Solid advice here. While it's true that hair transplants can be expensive (and the last thing you want to do is "bargain shop" for a surgeon), one thing you also need to keep in mind is that not everyone is a good candidate for a hair transplant anyway. If you're almost totally bald on top at age 28, I'm not so sure a hair transplant would be your best option anyway, even if you could afford it. As with all things in life, the sooner we can learn to embrace reality and make changes and decisions based on that reality, the sooner we can achieve peace and happiness. The fact is that right now, a hair transplant isn't a viable option for you, so now figure out what you can do to make things better. Shave your head, get in shape, find a hobby and something you can place your energy in to keep you motivated and happy.

I hope you have a happy 2017 and can find ways to find hope and happiness, with or without a full head of hair.

The truth is that HT is cosmetic surgery, and since insurance and medicare have no role to play in it the market sets the rates, and the rates are high. I do not see HT being cheap in the near future. HT in Turkey is cheap but comes with a lot of other significant costs and risks.

and honestly all things considered... you could have much worse problems. Be thankful you can walk or dont have down syndrome or cerebral palsy. Im sure my handicap brother would take losing his hair over being stuck in a wheel chair anytime.

Like someone else mentioned control the things you can... work out, be healthy, pay down your debt and live frugally. Be a good person. You'll feel much better then even if you were given a free hair transplant. They arent 100% successful and you'd still be after that last bit of hair to look young again.

For what its worth its easier to give advice then take it... and i need to take my own advice sometimes

Yeah I feel you. Part of the problem is most balding men fit into the family man with plenty of money to waste on this kind of stuff.