Is there any way to get to the shedding phase sooner?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rbkoreaus
    • Sep 2016

Is there any way to get to the shedding phase sooner?

I know that "patience" is a major theme of the hair transplant process, and I understand that many patients would like to hang on to the transplanted hair as long as they can before shedding.

However, personally I would like to get to the part where I look like I did before the the HT, and get the shedding over with. Has anyone ever heard of a way to try and shed the recipient hairs sooner? Or does this part just have to "happen naturally" as well.
  • rbkoreaus
    • Sep 2016

Comment

• KO1
      • Jan 2012

Minoxidil? I personally wouldn't attempt this...but maybe that could induce a shed?

Comment

• rbkoreaus
        • Sep 2016

Thanks for the response. My doctor said to resume minoxidil 7 days after surgery, so I'm back on it since a couple days ago.

Comment

• JoeTillman
          • Jul 2014

As with anything in this category you should consult with your clinic first. Unless they say otherwise however I would wait till the post-op directed timeline regarding "normal washing" is reached and simply wash your hair without babying it. You can be aggressive with massaging shampoo into your scalp, just don't use your nails. In general after ten days this should be fairly safe but ALWAYS wait till your clinic states you can return to washing normally.
          Joe Tillman
          The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
          See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

Comment

Working...