+ Reply to Thread

Default too soon to go on propecia?

Hi, I am a 20 year old male with a father who was balding at 20. I've noticed thinning at the temples and I think at the very front and taking the advice that the earlier you go do something about it the better, I went to something called the Boots hair retention scheme which is basically just a way to access propecia. I was told that because I am a NW2 I am not eligible for propecia and I would have to come back as a NW3 or 'worse'.

So what I'm wondering is:
    Why would this be the case?
    Is propecia beneficial at this stage?
    Could propecia 'stop' me from becoming a NW3 (I know it doesn't work forever)?
    Is this going to be something that is a roadblock wherever I go or might I get on propecia as a NW2 via another route?

Thanks

I am almost a NW3. I WISH i started finasteride when I had more thickness... I am 20 now and I used to have great hair when I was 16-17...looked much better than it does now

If I could have started it i would have!

Personally if I know I was prone to MPH and i know that my hair is starting to get thinner then I would immediately get on the drug! If you can just keep your hair until something gets on the market that helps you more. Just keep the hair!

I would take finasteride as a NW2 if I think I was balding, definitely would. Your hair will look MUCH worse as a NW3. You lose a lot of essential density. The hair that makes you look good... The temple and crown areas are important. They go first... so keep them!

Just my thoughts.

Finasteride SHOULD be taking EARLY. Thats the point in my opinion.

Good luck man