+ Reply to Thread

Default Dr Scott Alexander - 11 month update (2,000 grafts)

Hi folks

This is a super BELATED post so many apologies for the slow update.

Under the kind, excellent guidance of Spex, I had 2,000 grafts with Dr Scott Alexander in mid-January earlier this year - 1,600 in the front to beef up the hairline and 400 at the crown. (Note that I had previously had 2 successful HTs with Dr Feller in - from memory - 2007 and 2011).

Now my hair is naturally SUPER FINE and the good doc was working in a crowded area, so it's always extremely difficult to illustrate my results via way of pics.

However, I'm pleased to report that the growth had been kicking in and thickening at a nice steady pace, especially from around the 7th month mark - which I think is when many usually start to see a real change. My hairline is definitely getting thicker and more prominent and myself and my girlfriend can see a real marked difference.

Dr Alexander has done a brilliant job. The only negative is that my new growth has been slightly tempered by the fact that I seem to be going through a bit of a shed at the moment. I've been noticing a fair few more hairs falling out in the shower over the last 2-3 months. I know it's always worrying when that happens but hopefully that will pass!

I took some photos of my hair at the 8 and 9 month marks, which I shall post shortly. Generally, given the nature of my hair, I think the results are best illustrted on me after my hair has been styled, with the fringe brushed forwards. You can just see less of the forehead. Brushing back on my hair doesn't seem to show a great deal. But trust me, the results are VERY GOOD.

Massive thanks to Spex and Dr Alexander - hopefully I might even be able to show a bit more thickening to come yet.

S

PS wishing everyone a happy Xmas
    Edit/Delete Message

pics. These would have been shot at the 8 month mark
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	pic4.jpg

Size:	8.3 KB
ID:	50088   Click image for larger version

Name:	pic2.jpg

Size:	7.8 KB
ID:	50089  

I think a thin hair shaft combined with a long hair stlye often has a natural way of falling and covering areas of a high hairline, temples or forhead. Your results from your images are impressive. Do you have a total graft count or approximation of your 3 procedures? What NW Class were you to start? Also I think it would be interesting to see any pictures you may have before or post your first and second procedures. Also just curious if there was there a reasons for switching doctors?
    Congratulations

hey, sorry for the delay in responding to this!

from memory, my procedures were approximately:

2007: 2,168
    2010: 1,000
    2016: 1,600

so roughly, 4,768

Norwood, I was probably about a 2 I think. But I have a very naturally high forehead and incredibly fine hair, which has ultimately been my problem. It's almost like baby hair.

my pre-op pics are here: https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...ht=#post228526