+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Hi guys,
    I hope the shed has calmed down for you since the switch and things are back to before. Baldinghelpme.
    Its a personal choice but personally glad i did the with as only gained benefits and not had any of the supposed potential side effects.
    You could try increasing the finasteride dose up to 1.25mg and see how you get on if already only on 1mg.
    I can only provide you my experience and opinion with Dutasterdie which is a positive one.
    Regards
    SPEX
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by Spex View Post
    So the time has come after nearly 17 years on 1mg finasteride daily to up the anti and I'm going to start now taking 0.5mg Dutasteride daily instead as i feel I've possibly now started to lose ground in the crown region do to the attack of DHT.

Ive had an incredible run with finasteride as it regrew and helped keep my mid/crown for nearly two decades but after monitoring my crown for a couple of years now i feel it is time to get ahead of the game and increase my defence against the dreaded DHT.

I've spoken at length with prescribing Dr too here in the UK and he's been very helpful and informative. I've also spoken to a number of guys who've made this move from finasteride to Dutasteride who've had positive results so feel this is an informed move and one I'm hopeful will benefit me.

After 17 years too on finasteride with no side effects I'm also hopeful i'll transition on to it with no issues either.

I will keep you informed periodically on any progress and i'll be making a documented blog on my website too.

Regards, shell shockers

Spex

hey spex , what would you recommend to me, i have been on propecia for 2 years no with no result on my hairline or crown ; should i upgrade to dutasteride ? I am afraid of the side effect gynecomastia with duta because it inhibits more dht . thx

Hi Spex,

Missed the boat somewhat on this thread but hopefully you’ll see my reply.

I have been taking dutasteride for 3 months having used finasteride for 3 years.

Benefits:

Reduced itching/burning at the scalp that historically I have associated with worsening MPB.

Only at 3 months so cannot review appearance yet.

Side effects:

Like you had an initial improvement in sexual side effects compared to finasteride. They then returned to finasteride levels as treatment reached month 3. I note from the studies that roughly half the sexual side effects resolved between 6-12 months so looking to see if thing have improved by next summer.

Noticed increased gynaecomastia. This fits with the increased systemic DHT suppression.

Increased mood swings/labile mood in first few months which has started to settle.

Small shed in first 2-3 weeks.

Will review initial results at month 6.

I see a lot of mention of the long half life of dutasteride being a negative.

However, for me, it’s a positive.

If I forget to take finasteride, or run out of supply for a weekend, or take it at varying times each day then it can cause sheds.

Dutasteride eliminates that by keeping the levels of DHT suppression constant and less affected by missed doses.

hey if you are using PSN and want to know that How to change PlayStation Network login you must check this out and also get many more information related to PSN.

As a seller, there are some situations where you can cancel bids that have been placed on your auction-style listings. However, once cancelled, a bid can't be reinstated try to prevent potential buyers from being disappointed, we discourage the cancelling of bids unless this is the process to cancel a Bid on eBay

I've spoken at length with prescribing Dr too here in the UK and he's been very helpful and informative. I've also spoken to a number of guys who've made this move from finasteride to Dutasteride who've had positive results so feel this is an informed move and one I'm hopeful will benefit me.
    http://www.cross.tv/blog/134942

I see a result

Spex, you ever think about having PRP done in the crown? Seems with the proper protocol (Cooley for example) it can produce some results.

Hi,
    It's a possibility but currently don't feel the need. if i was to go down the PRP route id go to Dr. Alan Bauman.
    Regards
    Spex
    https://spexhair.com
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.