+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by JeanlucBergman View Post
    Firstly while I think your end result is no doubt very acceptable and you have better coverage than most men your age, I think that transplants of 2016 standards at a Turkish IAHRS surgeon clinic like that of Civas or Erdogan would grant a better result and most would be happy with. If you go to an IAHRS surgeon, there is a very, very low chance of needing multiple repairs like you experienced or complications arising. I've seen beautiful full head transplants at just over 7000 grafts with a few 1000 left spare.

Don't get me wrong, I agree that it's a serious medical procedure and one should consider their future when going into it, find a short and medium term solution to stabilising loss such as minoxidil and finasteride and look around for IAHRS surgeons, however beyond that, I think that if you're sitting there day in day out wishing you had more coverage, then you should make a move, whether you're 20 or 40. The satisfaction rates with IAHRS surgeons over the last few years is through the roof. I have a number of friends who have undergone FUE in Turkey and India and the results are beautiful and it has been life changing for them. These people are all in there mid 20s.

Telling people to sit there and be miserable for a decade waiting till they have a shiny bald head, no confidence and years of stress over an issue that could be fixed in a day is downright irresponsible, and just as irresponsible as telling someone to have a back alley Indian transplant with 7000 grafts in the front of there head. If they have stabilized their losses effectively, why in the world would you wait for another ten years? If you want a transplant and you have exhausted other means of growth and maintenance, then chances are that desire isn't going to change, whether you wait 1, 5, 10 or 15 years.

In regards to the OP I strongly agree with you Joe that he shouldn't go through with it, however I think if he effectively plans for the future and is sensible with grafts he could use along with maintaining through fin and minox , then he should start planning ASAP.
    I agree with your statements about not spending your youth as a balding, depressed man and to get a HT done. It's obvious that you could get bad results (which is why you have to look for a great surgeon to minimize the chances), and donor supply is limited which is why the first surgery could be done while taking future HL into consideration. It's called Male PATTERN Baldness for a reason: because it follows a pattern, and a lot of times a surgeon CAN tell what your hair condition could be in a afew years time using some equipment.

btw, have you stabilised your own HL for the HT you'll get done in a few months time?

The very front of my hairline is getting worse (at a slowed rate) but the area behind it is thickening. Likely because I'm only using minox on my crown and mid section and not the hairline.

I am puzzled by this very generalized statement that Turkey is much more advanced than the US in terms of HT. Turkey seems to be enticing because of lower costs and mega FUE sessions by teams that are mainly techs. I am sure we could debate this ad infinitum, but at the end of the day North America boasts some of the world's best highly skilled and trained clinics. I would put a Konior, Shapiro, Rahal, H&W, etc. up against any of the Turks any day of the week. Turkey makes great rugs. Let's keep them on the floor and not on the head.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountinvan View Post
    I am puzzled by this very generalized statement that Turkey is much more advanced than the US in terms of HT.
    JLB is the one making that generalized statement . Do people really want to fly to Turkey for a HT because it's cheaper

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE52 View Post
    JLB is the one making that generalized statement . Do people really want to fly to Turkey for a HT because it's cheaper
    It's also better in many cases. No surgeon is getting better or more consistent results than Erdogan in FUE, who is only 2.5 Euro as well. For FUT Rahal and Hasson + Wong are incredible, but in FUE there are a few such as Lupanzula putting out fantastic results, but none outright better than Erdogan who his half the price. His techs do most of the extractions and implantations, but at the end of the day that is a more efficient means of doing the surgery as long as the techs are of a high standard.

Lower end clinics in both the US and Turkey with unknown doctors and work mostly done by techs should be avoided always. The point is that on the basis of a low minimum wage, lower regulation and cost of tools and building a clinic, Turkey can do it just as effectively for a lower cost. If you can get a surgery with a fantastic IAHRS surgeon with consistently good results that you like, why would you go elsewhere for twice the price when results aren't any better aesthetically, customer reviews are no better and there is no info that either have anything but a fantastic track record and high quality service?

Surgeons in the US think they can get away with charging five times of Turkish chop shops and doing results no better because people like you bring up the "Turkey is worse because it's cheaper" argument which is nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountinvan View Post
    I am puzzled by this very generalized statement that Turkey is much more advanced than the US in terms of HT. Turkey seems to be enticing because of lower costs and mega FUE sessions by teams that are mainly techs. I am sure we could debate this ad infinitum, but at the end of the day North America boasts some of the world's best highly skilled and trained clinics. I would put a Konior, Shapiro, Rahal, H&W, etc. up against any of the Turks any day of the week. Turkey makes great rugs. Let's keep them on the floor and not on the head.
    Would you not put Erdogan at the level of any of those surgeons? All of those are fantastic surgeons, but for FUE do you honestly think any of those are doing a better job than Erdogan? Obviously they are twice his price too. My point is that if you can get high quality results at a low risk; you don't NEED to pay twice the money for the same quality of result.

Also, most people can't afford, Rahal, Shapiro or H+W. Most people going to Turkey are aware of the risks and that their results will be of a lower quality, but not everyone who needs a transplant can go to Rahal, but its an important enough issue that they have to get it done regardless.

Default I did fut and I'm satisfied.

I am from Brazil and I had a hair transplant surgery when I was 27 years old. It was the best thing I could do for myself.

-------------------------------------------

www.welbox.com.br

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony115 View Post
    Hello,

I am 22 and have been losing my hair (hairline and crown) since I was about 16 or 17. Once it became an obvious problem at 19 (around Norwood III) I decided to start Finasteride. This stabilized my loss and even gave me some density on the top and crown back. The crown area is still a bit thin but in general I'm happy with the density I got back. The biggest issue is my hairline. I prefer to style my hair up every morning in order to maximize the appearance of density up top, but the hairline is still so receded that I can never get the look I am after. I feel like my friends, and acquaintances see me as a person who is on his way towards being bald.

I have met with Dr. Robert Haber and felt very comfortable that he is a skilled and reputable surgeon, and he recommended 1200 grafts via FUT into my hairline to bring the temples down to meet my widows peak. This would result in a straight hairline about 7 millimeters up on my forehead, which from what I understand is on the higher side but still “natural” in appearance. The following week, I scheduled my procedure and put down my deposit, but now I am getting major cold feet.

Since the day I realized the finasteride was not going to bring my hairline back, I have been saving for this procedure (about 3 years). But now that the possibility of this procedure is real I am worried that I might be committing myself to a life of endless procedures, research, and paranoia that people will notice the transplant, or the scar. And I worry that if the Finasteride stops working for me and I am forced to shave my head, I will have scaring in both the donor site and the recipient sites. Dr. Haber’s told me that if I end up unsatisfied with my scaring I can always opt for an SMP procedure to camouflage the donor areas, and give the appearance of more density in my crown. Does anyone have experience with SMP camouflage? And if so were you satisfied with the result? Also, would it look strange if I filled in my FUT scar with SMP and then for whatever reason needed to shave my head bic razor bald? I feel like I’d probably have to keep a certain amount of stubble on my head for the SMP to look natural unless I had the procedure done on my whole scalp.

Success for me would be that the Finasteride continues to maintain my current hair, my FUT scar is concealed under hair cut to a #3 or #4 guard, and that Dr. Haber is able to create a non-receded hairline with natural density. I will continue to use Finasteride and minoxidil indefinitely but besides that I’d like to never worry about my hair again. Is this goal realistic? Or do I need to change my expectations before moving forward?

So I guess my question is… Have any of you had a similar experience to me or had work done by Dr. Haber? Did you decide to go under the knife? Why or why not and did you regret the decision you made?

I keep going back and forth on whether or not to cancel the reservation which is set for early January. Any advice you guys could offer would be really appreciated. Thank you