Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • doc
    • Dec 2016

Originally posted by lastcome
    Dr Prasad doesn't seem very professional on his videos, he's always doing a plug for himself. Can you DM me?
    Sure, message me with any questions.

Update to the thread: 1 year out, my hair loss has progressed, as far as I can tell, somewhat more rapidly than it was occurring >1 year ago. The interesting thing is that I've been taking finasteride since 21, and my situation reminds me of Johnny Cash's "When the Man Comes Around." Finasteride almost certainly nibbles around the edges of the hair loss animal, but when your "time" comes... no medical treatment seems to stave it off.

Bottom line: would not recommend PRP/ACell for AGA. I'm glad that I was a guinea pig for myself, but save the $5000 and spend a fraction of it on a laser helmet instead. That probably doesn't help either, but at least you'll feel like you're doing something more than finasteride and Rogaine, and your bank account will be relieved. Hell, for the cost of PRP, you could probably find a surgeon who'd use body or beard hair to at least restore your temples. Much more beneficial.

Comment

• lastcome
      • Aug 2017

How can I private message on here to you? A laser helmet seems interesting

Comment

• doc
        • Dec 2016

Oh, haha, maybe the forum doesn't have the option. Post a way for me to contact you and I'll do so now.

Comment

• lastcome
          • Aug 2017

sure, ilchristopher899@gmail.com

Comment

• Zulfiq
            • Jun 2018

Hi, I had a consultation with Dr Prasad and I am considering Prp, Acell also . Before I spend all this money can you guys pls give me some updates . I know one says that it is not worth it , what about the rest ? I also know it all depends on the individual but a good sample says a lot before any of us spends our hard earned cash. There is always the option of a good hair transplant.
            Thx a lot (glad I found this forum)

Comment

• magicman909
              • Feb 2021

Prasad is a hack. He had some success with PRP & healing after surgery, but that never translated into hair growth. Stay away from him!

Comment

• fab
                • Mar 2012

hi doc,

Would love to hear some update about your situation. Have you tried stem cell injections?

Also, is your hair thinning or bald? Cos if it's bald I heard none of this will help, but thinning, it would. I'm in the same boat now trying to figure out if Ishould do it or not

Comment

Working...