PRP/ACell Experience - Page 2 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by wen4663 View Post
    they were friends instead of unbiased patients
    To be honest, I've never even considered consulting references. It's too easy for the practices to rig these connections, so one really ought not to base one's decision to spend thousands of dollars on these "testimonials."

Quote Originally Posted by doc View Post
    To be honest, I've never even considered consulting references. It's too easy for the practices to rig these connections, so one really ought not to base one's decision to spend thousands of dollars on these "testimonials."
    I don't think legit doctor will give false references. Why should they? If they have happy patients, it's only in their best interests to give out references. I, for one, would be more than happy to be a reference if I was happy with the procedure. Wouldn't you? Giving false references is a huge red flag and I am furious about the scam.

Quote Originally Posted by wen4663 View Post
    I don't think legit doctor will give false references. Why should they? If they have happy patients, it's only in their best interests to give out references. I, for one, would be more than happy to be a reference if I was happy with the procedure. Wouldn't you? Giving false references is a huge red flag and I am furious about the scam.
    If I were a transplant surgeon, I'd simply opt for giving before/after photo sequences with 7-8 views that made it clear that I wasn't trying to hide anything.

Well!! He was very professional with me and very honest. I did the PRP+Acell on the 01/09/17. Follow me and you will see if he is bogus or not. I even posted a picture and I will post another picture in 3 months.

Dr Prasad doesn't seem very professional on his videos, he's always doing a plug for himself. Can you DM me?

Quote Originally Posted by lastcome View Post
    Dr Prasad doesn't seem very professional on his videos, he's always doing a plug for himself. Can you DM me?
    Sure, message me with any questions.

Update to the thread: 1 year out, my hair loss has progressed, as far as I can tell, somewhat more rapidly than it was occurring >1 year ago. The interesting thing is that I've been taking finasteride since 21, and my situation reminds me of Johnny Cash's "When the Man Comes Around." Finasteride almost certainly nibbles around the edges of the hair loss animal, but when your "time" comes... no medical treatment seems to stave it off.

Bottom line: would not recommend PRP/ACell for AGA. I'm glad that I was a guinea pig for myself, but save the $5000 and spend a fraction of it on a laser helmet instead. That probably doesn't help either, but at least you'll feel like you're doing something more than finasteride and Rogaine, and your bank account will be relieved. Hell, for the cost of PRP, you could probably find a surgeon who'd use body or beard hair to at least restore your temples. Much more beneficial.

How can I private message on here to you? A laser helmet seems interesting

Oh, haha, maybe the forum doesn't have the option. Post a way for me to contact you and I'll do so now.

Hi, I had a consultation with Dr Prasad and I am considering Prp, Acell also . Before I spend all this money can you guys pls give me some updates . I know one says that it is not worth it , what about the rest ? I also know it all depends on the individual but a good sample says a lot before any of us spends our hard earned cash. There is always the option of a good hair transplant.
    Thx a lot (glad I found this forum)