+ Reply to Thread

Default My hair loss and what's worked for me

I'm new here and this is my first post. Kind of nice being in a place where everybody has the same issue and I don't have to check the mirror to make sure I'm maximizing coverage, don't have to worry about the wind blowing or getting my hair wet! My situation is probably pretty common: receding hair line at the temples, thinning mostly on top and toward the front. Crown of my head has some loss, but the loss is greater around the top and temples. I finally broke down a couple years ago and had two procedures done with Bosley. They had to go back in twice and do additional procedures for follicles that didn't take, but all in all, I'm really pleased with the results. If it weren't for those procedures, I'd be a heck of a lot worse off at 43 than I am. I've used Propecia but didn't notice any regrowth. I continue to use Monoxidil and I haven't noticed any regrowth with it either over the years I've used it, but I think it may be slowing hair loss. It's hard to tell and I'm not going to stop using it to test my theory! The only drawback to Monoxidil is that it stains my pillows and bedsheets. Other than that, it's worth using. I also have used Toppik keratin fillers, but have now switched to X-Fusion b/c it's cheaper on Amazon than Toppik. It works really well as a filler on the thin spots, but my gosh it's messy! It doesn't take but a day or two before my sink looks like two chefs got into a spice fight. I REALLY dislike how messy it is, but I'd rather have a mess than the thin spots, so there it is. A friend recently introduced me to another product to try that he said is relatively new that's he's trying called Monat. It's a hair product company that's got a line that's supposed to both stop hair loss and regrow hair. I've looked it up online and the reviews are pretty good across the board and the before and after pics are impressive. I'm cautiously optimistic about it and I'll keep everyone posted and I'll upload some pics to chart any progress. If it works like it does for the folks in the pics online, I think it'll be a game-changer for us, but again, I'm going to wait and see before I get too excited. If you want to try it yourself, let me know and I'll give you the rep's info my buddy buys it through. Well, thanks for looking at my post. I'm going to join up with a couple other sites today too just to stay in the loop and see what's working! Happy holidays!

Those products are just a trap for desperate fools. Sorry.

Well, I don't know how I feel about being called a desperate fool for trying to feel better about how I look, but I'll keep y'all posted on how it works.

Hello, how did it go?