+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default 21 yo - DEPRESSED, STARTING TO BALD.....

Hi guys,

New guy here. So, I went for a haircut two weeks ago, and when I got home I looked myself the mirror and just got terrified. I lost so much hair at the top of my head. I used to have great hair not too long ago... I had noticed I was losing hair, but didn't realize it until I got the haircut... Anyways, from what I have researched, I think it is diffused pattern alopecia but I am not sure. I am only 21, I can't get bald! The attached pics are from today. My hair is wet in the first ones, so it looks worst than normal

Any help/advice would be appreciated,

Thanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161213_224019.jpg

Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	49993Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161213_224100.jpg

Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	49994Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161213_224252.jpg

Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	49995Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161213_224259.jpg

Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	49996Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161213_224438.jpg

Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	49997Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161214_013625.jpg

Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	49998Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161213_224019.jpg

Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	49993Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161213_224100.jpg

Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	49994Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161213_224252.jpg

Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	49995Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161213_224259.jpg

Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	49996Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161213_224438.jpg

Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	49997Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161214_013625.jpg

Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	49998

Using less product normally helps to create better look and density

Sorry but looks like you are on the fast track to baldness. You have 2 options, take a bunch of drugs and cross your fingers or do nothing and accept it.

Dude, get on minoxidil and finasteride asap. Dont listen to any ****ers on this forum!

Ehh..do alot of research before taking finasteride. From personal experience I had a horrible sexual experience with my junk.

I agree.

The earlier you jump on this, the better. You haven't suffered anything that can't be fixed with Minoxidil and Finasteride: the first will require double-daily usage, and the latter will require you to take medication that may cause your penis to stop working.

I would recommend using Minoxidil (if you're up for the commitment), toughing out the initial three months of balding, before it finally settles and thickens your hair considerably. I've had incredible luck with Minoxidil thickening my hair. It's struggled to fix my receding hairline, but the hair atop my head is as thick as when I was twelve years old. It looks like your issue is diffused thinning as opposed to a receding hairline, so it should work very, very well for you.

I would be iffy about using Finasteride unless you're feeling really desperate.

fedelpo,

You're definitely right. You're a diffuse thinner. Can't really see the hairline in your pictures, but from
    what I can see, it looks alright.

Classic male Norwood doesn't apply to you. Start Finasteride and Minoxidil and you'll be fine.

Unfortunately, guys who start losing hair early in life usually have it more aggressive. So, if you
    hold off for a few years, you are going to permanently lose ground.

Warning to OP. I took finasteride for 4 weeks, had no sides, and than had a full blown endocrine system crash. I am talking neurological cognitive and mental symptoms not just sexual sides. I am experiencing severe anxiety, suicidal depression, lethargy, extreme fatigue, this massive brain fog, confusion, unable to concentrate and focus, memory loss.

I was told by my Derm that side effects were rare and if anything it could cause a lower sex drive.

I have been off the drug for a bout a month and all of my symptoms have gotten worse.

This drug is ****ing dangerous.

Finasteride inhibits Allopregnanolone and THDOC, both vital 5AR2-derived neurosteroids which exert anti depressant and anti-anxiety effects on GABA-A receptors in the brain.

Inhibiting them with Finasteride leads to mood disorders, depression, cognitive dsyfunction, anxiety and panick attacks. Lowered levels of Allopregnanolone in particular have been correlated with symptoms of Alzheimer's.

I was suicidal about my hair loss, but I could give 2 flying ****s if I go bald now that my brain has been damaged by this toxic poison.

Many men have been reporting crashes after long term usage, they were fine for years and than crashed.

I didn't believe any of the fear mongering, but now I am paying the price.

I am currently on Clomid with absolutely zero improvement.

Anyone taking Fin is playing Russian Roulette with your life. For ****ing hair.

You seriously need to start Finasteride. You made the statement that your 21 and you can't go bald, that couldn't be further from the truth. You look to be a diffused NW6. Time is your worst enemy here. I speak from hard experience. Your best initial line of defense is Finasteride. If I were you I would find a doctor that is willing to write a prescription. Regardless of what you read here or elsewhere, sides with Finasteride are very rare. There have been multiple studies done, look up the data for yourself. At your age the only other choice is to accept the inevitable. I dont want to sound harsh but the reality is your 21 and what looks to be an aggressive diffused pattern, these cases don't normally slow down or ever stop without some help. If you can stop and maybe even reverse it you will have give yourself a chance for other options possibly later in life. Good luck. Keep us posted!

Quote Originally Posted by Hairbrain View Post
    You seriously need to start Finasteride. You made the statement that your 21 and you can't go bald, that couldn't be further from the truth. You look to be a diffused NW6. Time is your worst enemy here. I speak from hard experience. Your best initial line of defense is Finasteride. If I were you I would find a doctor that is willing to write a prescription. Regardless of what you read here or elsewhere, sides with Finasteride are very rare. There have been multiple studies done, look up the data for yourself. At your age the only other choice is to accept the inevitable. I dont want to sound harsh but the reality is your 21 and what looks to be an aggressive diffused pattern, these cases don't normally slow down or ever stop without some help. If you can stop and maybe even reverse it you will have give yourself a chance for other options possibly later in life. Good luck. Keep us posted!
    Thousands of guys lives have been wrecked from this shit. If you are gonna inhibit DHT use RU58841 topically. Killing DHT IN your body can cause disastrous irreversible side effects. The label even says side effects can persist even after stopping the drug.

57 confirmed suicides from Propecia usage.

Class action lawsuits. Permanent impotence.

The Merck studies were obviously falsified. Independent studies have linked side effect rates to be up to 39 %

Men have been crashing after being fine for years.

It may keep your hair but it will come at a cost and you will learn the hard way eventually.