+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default 19 with a hairline like this and thinning on top, any suggestions?

When I was about to turn 19 i noticed to slightest bit of thinning on top, and now have lost a lot more, any ideas on what to do with my hair from this onwards?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0382.jpg

Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	49989  

Go a hair loss multivitamin (the Lipogaine and HR23 are quite good) + 320 mg of c02 extracted Saw Palmetto, use a ketoconazole shampoo like Nizoral or better yet one without SLS like Regenepure DR, and use a topical DHT blocker and growth stimulator like Trichogen or Revivogen. All natural methods, and unlikely to give you any serious sides.

Try it for 12 months, if that doesn't work, then try out a low alcohol minoxidil formula and 0.5 mg of Finasteride along with your ketoconazole shampoo. Minoxidil, particularly generic and non sensitive formulas like Kirkland and Rogaine have been known to cause allergic reactions, heightened aging due to decreased collagen synthesis and an array of other side effects. Some people on Minoxidil look like they've aged 10 years in 1 or 2. 0.5mg of Finasteride is a half dose, but even that can give some pretty serious sexual sides along with brain fuzz in sensitive users. If you use a good minoxidil like Lipogaine with DHT blockers along with Finasteride and a Ketoconazole shampoo there is a 95% chance of growing more hair, potentially 1 or 2 years worth of losses back.

Try the all natural for 6-12 months and stick with it every day, if it doesn't work, try the stronger stuff but be aware that most people get SOME sides from them, even at low doses.

Quote Originally Posted by JeanlucBergman View Post
    Go a hair loss multivitamin (the Lipogaine and HR23 are quite good) + 320 mg of c02 extracted Saw Palmetto, use a ketoconazole shampoo like Nizoral or better yet one without SLS like Regenepure DR, and use a topical DHT blocker and growth stimulator like Trichogen or Revivogen. All natural methods, and unlikely to give you any serious sides.

Try it for 12 months, if that doesn't work, then try out a low alcohol minoxidil formula and 0.5 mg of Finasteride along with your ketoconazole shampoo. Minoxidil, particularly generic and non sensitive formulas like Kirkland and Rogaine have been known to cause allergic reactions, heightened aging due to decreased collagen synthesis and an array of other side effects. Some people on Minoxidil look like they've aged 10 years in 1 or 2. 0.5mg of Finasteride is a half dose, but even that can give some pretty serious sexual sides along with brain fuzz in sensitive users. If you use a good minoxidil like Lipogaine with DHT blockers along with Finasteride and a Ketoconazole shampoo there is a 95% chance of growing more hair, potentially 1 or 2 years worth of losses back.

Try the all natural for 6-12 months and stick with it every day, if it doesn't work, try the stronger stuff but be aware that most people get SOME sides from them, even at low doses.
    Are you kidding no vitamin will stop this kind of hairloss at only 19...It's always good to get good nutrition but this quite agressive, you either get on all the hard stuff now or you accept baldness...

Time is your worst enemy! You need to at least slow down or stop your loss. No vitamin in the world will do that for you or we would all be taking them. You need to see a doctor who specializes in hair loss. Finasteride is your best hope at this age. Do your research, be careful what you read and are told. Many of us here have been down that road your on ( if it is male pattern baldness). You can get some good advice here and like everywhere else you look sometimes not so good advice. So find a good doctor and dont just take his word for it either, like I said do good research and learn everything you can about what others have successfully done to slow down or stop their loss. Good luck

He hasn't lost all that much, why go to the strongest and most side effect ridden treatment possible without seeing if he can get results from a more natural approach? Finasteride, keto and minoxidil are almost guaranteed to work, however a small amount get good results without the sledgehammer approach. It isn't as if he has an obvious bald patch on the crown or anything longer hair won't cover.

"So find a good doctor" and that is just plain stupid. What is a doctor going to tell him that the internet can't? Most doctors know less about Androgenic Alopecia than you and I probably do.

If you start your hair loss treatment with finasteride and have a bad reaction to it, what do you propose then? The fact is that even if keto, natural oral DHT blockers and a topical growth and DHT blocking agent do NOTHING, he is still going to have a good amount of hair left and on fin + mino probably grow more than he lost in those 6 months back. There is a small chance he will at least stop the shed with a more natural approach.

This forum has satanic users and demonic posts. The above user is ****ing with the OP

Lmfao. All I'm saying is that 95% of people who use fin or minox have SOME sides and the majority of them don't make it past the first 12 months, let alone their entire lives. Just because you can't get laid and have no need for a functioning penis or a face that isn't aged a decade from minox isn't reason for others not to TRY other means of growth before jumping on the big guns.

I repeat, fin and minox are the gold standards for repairing and stopping hair loss, however for someone without serious problems yet, they should try out natural means before they move to these, as they are also the gold standards for ruining collagen synthesis and your sex life. Many don't get serious sides, but I have almost NEVER heard of anyone on 1 mg of fin per day who has gone on it with ZERO sides. A 5000 graft hair transplant in Turkey is a better and cheaper option in the long run than the big 3. A transplant is the only REAL magic bullet cure for hair loss.

Quote Originally Posted by JeanlucBergman View Post
    Lmfao. All I'm saying is that 95% of people who use fin or minox have SOME sides and the majority of them don't make it past the first 12 months, let alone their entire lives. Just because you can't get laid and have no need for a functioning penis or a face that isn't aged a decade from minox isn't reason for others not to TRY other means of growth before jumping on the big guns.

I repeat, fin and minox are the gold standards for repairing and stopping hair loss, however for someone without serious problems yet, they should try out natural means before they move to these, as they are also the gold standards for ruining collagen synthesis and your sex life. Many don't get serious sides, but I have almost NEVER heard of anyone on 1 mg of fin per day who has gone on it with ZERO sides. A 5000 graft hair transplant in Turkey is a better and cheaper option in the long run than the big 3. A transplant is the only REAL magic bullet cure for hair loss.
    This is a respectful forum with many sincere members who care about hair loss and who try to give genuine answers. I dont think claiming another member has no use for his penis is being either respectful or helpful. You obviously lack the sincerity and more importantly the knowledge about hair loss and real potential solutions , especially considering this man is 19 years old. Your snake oil solutions, where ever they come from, are proof you yourself need to do more research. If you have your opinions fine, at least keep your posts respectful.

Keto, along with DHT blockers like Saw Palmetto and Beta sitosterol have studies to back up their usefulness. You make yourself sound like a fool to call them snake oil when a lot of hair supplements get better reviews than FDA approved treatments like Rogaine. Keto is also clinically proven to decrease hairloss and improve growth. Studies suggest that keto 2% along with fin is indistinguishable to 5% minox along with fin. I can guarantee I know more than you about hairloss, you haven't looked at the science or any studies, you've looked at what the FDA has approved and made up your mind. Your close mindedness and rejection of the science hardly makes you deserving of respect.

Again, I am not saying that fin and minox are not worth trying as they are clearly the gold standard in hair loss treatment, however to go to these with minimal recession and thinning without trying less side effect prone treatment for six months is plain idiotic. Both Minoxidil and Fin are serious drugs, no one can deny that.

And Badbrah was telling a 22 year old Norwood 1 with zero evidence of pattern baldness to get on minox and fin immediately. He ought to be sued with that kind of horrible advice. Does it give you pleasure to castrate someone else like you have done to yourself? You're not helping anyone by telling the world to get on the most dangerous treatments before they have tried alternatives. If you give an honest try to supplements, keto and topical DHT blockers and it hasn't worked then by all means move to minox and fin, but this is a serious life decision that no one should jump onto because of a random on the internet. Read about it, think about it, learn about the causes of hairloss and what these drugs actually do to the body, beyond their effects on balding. In the mean time, try something natural and see if it does anything for you. I appreciate some people get NO sides in over a decade of use, however some retain sides for 12 months after a 1 month use of 1 mg fin.