+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

What dose do you recommend for beta sitosterol? I take 320 mgs of saw palmetto 160 at 2 pm and 160 mgs at 5 pm and then.160 mgs of beta at 7 pm but I have no sides and I take 1000 mgs at 8 am in the morning I feel like since I dont get the.sides maybe its not working? Should I up the dose on the beta and is it safe?

What % fatty acids is the saw palmetto? 85-95% is a high quality standard. Over 1000 mgs per day of beta sisosterol is larger than the dose I have seen in hairloss studies where 60% of those studied regrew or maintained baseline. Some people don't get sides from finasteride and yet it still makes a big difference, I wouldn't take that as it isn't working, but if you can handle those DHT blockers you could consider at least starting fin on a half dose of 0.5 mg in the future. In the mean time, stick with the saw palmetto and beta sisosterol for at least 6 months every day with your current regime, definitely add a ketoconazole shampoo (another clinically proven treatment) like Regenepure DR or Nizoral and try adding some minoxidil without propyl glycol and preferably low alcohol if you want regrowth, which decreases the absorption and chance of sides.

On a side note, saw palmetto, beta sisosterol, grape seed extract and pumpkin seed oil together made my acne completely clear and improved my skin, which is a pretty good indication of it working well against decreasing DHT.

Other tiny things like excessive masturbation and high blood sugar can also result in higher levels of DHT. I've pretty much entirely cut out processed sugar.

I take 160 mgs of beta should I up my dose and can masterbating once every 2 days be bad? And I drink a lot of juice like 2 cups a day is that bad as well? And is there a best time to take these vitamins or should I keep it the same routine?

Once every two days is very little, I suspect it's only a problem if you're doing it 2 or 3 times a day. Two cups of juice a day is likely fine too, that along with one serving of a medium sized fruit like an apple or banana is unlikely to be harmful. I would cut out sweets, chocolate,soft drink and processed sugar products products entirely, there is evidence that high blood sugar can lead to hairloss, and quite frankly in general health regards everyone would be better off without them. However cutting out fruit and juice entirely would result in other deficiencies, so as long as its reasonable don't cut them out of your diet. It isn't going to ruin the effects of your saw palmetto or beta sisosterol if you occasionally treat yourself, but you may as well attack hairloss from every angle possible. Almost everyone I have seen in on various forums and studies has had results with saw palmetto, a high quality sensitive minoxidil and keto shampoo. Even optimising your diet, taking palmetto and beta sisosterol while using a shampoo with ketoconazole and DHT blockers should have a reasonable effect. If it hasn't worked in 6 months you can also try a half dose of fin every other day.

I'd say stick with the routine in terms of times too.

Alright.one last thing if I up the dose of beta can that be harmful For future refrences or health wise I read it can cause high blood pressure?

I've read that more than 5000 mg can be harmful, although I have never heard anyone take more than 1000 mg in supplementation, and nor have I heard anyone who had serious health issues from taking too much aside from a few who had loss of libido. If that happens you can always cut back a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    When I was about to turn 19 i noticed to slightest bit of thinning on top, and now have lost a lot more, any ideas on what to do with my hair from this onwards?

Start Finasteride combined with Minoxidil ASAP. When used together, there are more benefits, and they are faster to.

Do it before it's too late. Receding temples are the hardest to grow back.

The good news is your only 19. If you start now, you'll gain all of it back (most likely), and become a "full head" again.

If you wait a couple of years, NW1. Longer you put it off, the worse it will be. And by
    worse I mean permanent.

Quote Originally Posted by k9gatton View Post
    Start Finasteride combined with Minoxidil ASAP. When used together, there are more benefits, and they are faster to.

Do it before it's too late. Receding temples are the hardest to grow back.

The good news is your only 19. If you start now, you'll gain all of it back (most likely), and become a "full head" again.

If you wait a couple of years, NW1. Longer you put it off, the worse it will be. And by
    worse I mean permanent.
    Have you experienced any sides with either minox or fin gatton?

Quote Originally Posted by JeanlucBergman View Post
    Have you experienced any sides with either minox or fin gatton?

None. But I wish I started Finasteride sooner. I didn't start it until my forties. That
    was a mistake on my part.

Unfortunately now I'm paying the prices. I take topical Progesterone (I'm a guy), topical Finasteride, sometimes mixed with Propecia (one milligram oral Fin), and thirty percent Minoxidil.

Had I used it earlier, I would have been much better off than I am now (I'm Norwood three Vertex,
    and very bad).

I used to be between four and five, with a one/two inch bald spot and much more recession on
    my hairline. It's taken three years to get to Norwood III, on aggressive treatments.

Also, I sometimes supplement this with five percent Minoxidil foam.

So far, no side effects. But I'm very tall (couple inches over six feet tall). And I'm big boned.

Quote Originally Posted by k9gatton View Post
    None. But I wish I started Finasteride sooner. I didn't start it until my forties.

Unfortunately now I'm paying the prices. I take topical Progesterone (I'm a guy), topical Finasteride, sometimes
    mixed with Propecia (one milligram oral Fin), and thirty percent Minoxidil.

Also, I sometimes supplement this with five percent Minoxidil foam.

So far, no side effects. But I'm very tall (couple inches over six feet tall). And I'm big boned.
    Any opinions on a 0.5mg dose of oral fin? Also any opinions on generic fin vs propecia?