+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 31 to 39 of 39
  1. #31
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Hi Guys!
    I am a really newer poster and I am 47 years old with a thin crown and mid-anterior scalp is thinning. Front is pretty good considering everything. I am starting to talk with a well known HT specialist (respected on this forum) and I will be looking at all my options. I will say this about Rogaine. I have been on it for 5-6 years. I do have a puffy face and dark circles under my eyes. This seems to have started the last few years and I think I have had it before. Also, I have a low iron problem that can cause dark circles. I am glad I ran into this thread just because I never thought about rogaine possibly causing the circles and I still doubt its the causebut at least I can keep it on the list to consider. I tell you guys, I don't know what to do. I am so twisted about whether to let it go or what. I am horrified of Fin because I already take a SSRI which doesn't cause terrible sex sides but I do have a hard time finishing (Anorgasmia) some times- The girl loves it for obvious reasons. I want to do a HT but I have no idea whether that's a good idea or not at this time. Aso, looking at PRP/Acell so pray for me guys, I am lost. I am also dangerous because I can afford these things. I really want to try Fin first but dunno...

  2. #32
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    5

    Default

    has anyone gotten rid of the wrinkles caused by minoxidil> please help

  3. #33
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by k9gatton View Post
    And as I also found out myself, the positive effects of Minoxidil won't last
    unless there's an anti DHT agent being used. (For males with androgen alopecia, I really don't know
    a lot about females who have it).
    For many women, minoxidil is enough to completely regrow hair...if you use the male amount! I have to wax and epilate more, but it's worth it.

    Also, for many men, minoxidil really is a long-term solution. My husband has been on it for a decade and went from a NW1 to NW0-1 and has stayed there. In 10 more years, who knows? But so far, so good.

  4. #34
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ghallow View Post
    Hi Guys!
    I am a really newer poster and I am 47 years old with a thin crown and mid-anterior scalp is thinning. Front is pretty good considering everything. I am starting to talk with a well known HT specialist (respected on this forum) and I will be looking at all my options. I will say this about Rogaine. I have been on it for 5-6 years. I do have a puffy face and dark circles under my eyes. This seems to have started the last few years and I think I have had it before. Also, I have a low iron problem that can cause dark circles. I am glad I ran into this thread just because I never thought about rogaine possibly causing the circles and I still doubt its the causebut at least I can keep it on the list to consider. I tell you guys, I don't know what to do. I am so twisted about whether to let it go or what. I am horrified of Fin because I already take a SSRI which doesn't cause terrible sex sides but I do have a hard time finishing (Anorgasmia) some times- The girl loves it for obvious reasons. I want to do a HT but I have no idea whether that's a good idea or not at this time. Aso, looking at PRP/Acell so pray for me guys, I am lost. I am also dangerous because I can afford these things. I really want to try Fin first but dunno...
    A lot of SSRIs cause hair loss in some people, BTW. And anorgasmia seems like a terrible sex side to me, but what do I know? I'm a woman.

    If you're getting Rogaine-related water retention, dark circles and puffiness is common. I've dug through the research and I'm not worried about skin aging anymore. I've also examined the husband's skin where he's been rubbing it on bare skin directly for 10 years, at the hairline. Looks good.

  5. #35
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Why would anybody come on here to make stuff up and try scare people off if it wasn't true? These are common side effects... Puffy face, sunken in eyes, an angry look about the face, dry flaky skin. I experienced all of these and so have lots of other people on lots of different forums. Do you honestly think people have nothing better to do with their time than to come on here and make up stuff that's not true? It does cause your skin to age and look dramatically different in a very short space of time, some people say it's reversible so fingers crossed it is but it is true.... Clearly... Just look at all the people it's happened to on here

  6. #36
    Senior Member k9gatton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    US
    Posts
    504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lj333 View Post
    Why would anybody come on here to make stuff up and try scare people off if it wasn't true? These are common side effects... Puffy face, sunken in eyes, an angry look about the face, dry flaky skin. I experienced all of these and so have lots of other people on lots of different forums. Do you honestly think people have nothing better to do with their time than to come on here and make up stuff that's not true? It does cause your skin to age and look dramatically different in a very short space of time, some people say it's reversible so fingers crossed it is but it is true.... Clearly... Just look at all the people it's happened to on here
    If you're correct in what you're saying, stop taking it. See if the circles disappear.

    Maybe you're right.

    Minoxidil doesn't really have permanent hair restoration.

    FYI, I don't believe you're making things up.

    Eye puffiness is a common side effect. And you might be allergic to Minoxidil. Also, it is a large percentage, generally speaking,
    .1% of a gram equals one milligram.

    Five percent would equal five milligrams.

  7. #37
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LusciousLadyLocks View Post
    For many women, minoxidil is enough to completely regrow hair...if you use the male amount! I have to wax and epilate more, but it's worth it.

    Also, for many men, minoxidil really is a long-term solution. My husband has been on it for a decade and went from a NW1 to NW0-1 and has stayed there. In 10 more years, who knows? But so far, so good.
    Minoxidil probably does not stop the progression of mpb. Likely all minoxidil does is keep follicles in the growth phase longer, so instead of having, for example, 80% of your follicles growing hair at any given time, close to 100% of your follicles grow hair at any given time. But those follicles that succumbed to mpb will still not grow terminal hair. And with the passing of time, more and more follicles will succumb to mpb. If your husband hasn't experienced any significant loss over the last ten years, it's because mpg progresses in fits and starts. In my own case, I have found that things seem stable for a few years, then BAM! My temples start receding or the perimeter of my pattern expands. Then it stabilizes for a few more years and then more is lost, etc. I've been watching this for 50+ years, and it never stops.

  8. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NW9000 View Post
    Something I've seen in posts across hair loss forums from 3-4 years ago

    Just wondering what the consensus is now
    I've been using topical minoxidil for more than thirty years, and sure enough, I keep looking older every year.

  9. #39
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    86

    Default

    The only thing that made my face worse was wrinkling my forehead while styling my hair. I've had lines in my forehead and dark circles long before using minoxidil. I'm 27 now.

    I'm gonna start a thread saying minoxidil caused toenail fungus and see where it goes.

Similar Threads

  1. is Minoxidil "Sulfate" really 14x stronger than regular minoxidil?
    By Zmay1962 in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 06-30-2017, 12:15 PM
  2. So tired of Non-Sufferers telling me to "get over it", "Hair loss is nothin. Move on"
    By FlightTL in forum Coping with Hair Loss in Everyday Life
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 08-04-2016, 09:18 AM
  3. Kelly Slater says "NO!" to hair transplants and "YES" to clipping it off!
    By FlightTL in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-18-2015, 11:50 PM
  4. Presentation + Question about "norma" thinning while aging and effect of stress
    By MrMartin in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-17-2014, 02:47 AM
  5. "Gemini1" and "Gemini2" 11-Month Post-Op Forum Update
    By Gemini2 in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-18-2010, 03:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Destined to be bald
08-21-2017 09:12 AM
by Jackito
Last Post By GroughBack
Today 04:31 AM
do buzz head looks good on me ?
07-29-2017 02:51 PM
by vytcka
Last Post By mattj
Today 03:53 AM
Minoxidil Effectiveness
Yesterday 05:18 PM
Last Post By GroughBack
Today 03:30 AM
Finasteride results 4 Months
Yesterday 11:28 PM
Last Post By TennisCoach
Yesterday 11:28 PM
experience with the iGrow?
Yesterday 01:17 PM
Last Post By Louish
Yesterday 06:17 PM
Could I Pull Off The Bald Look?
03-22-2017 02:46 PM
by tomec1
Last Post By tomec1
Yesterday 05:20 PM