+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy Should I get on dut?

So I've been on minox 5% close to 19 months (I think) and fin for about 5.75 months (initially 0.625mg but for the past month or so 0.83mg). I have recession in the hairline in the form of diffuse thinning in the corners until eventually all the hair just falls out leaving a bald spot behind. Since starting my regimen in May of 2015 the thinning and recession has spread from the corners of my hairline all the way along the front.

I don't really think the drugs are accelerating my hairloss, more so than my natural progression is just not responding to either medication. For some reason, the only noticeable slowdown in shedding I've experience was for a 2 week period about a month ago. It was the first time since I noticed my hairloss 2 years ago that I had a significant decrease in shed hair that last over 5 days. Shedding has since picked up again, though, and I don't know why. Just today I shed 150+ hairs from my hairline and anterior scalp. I don't even have to run my fingers through my scalp - I have hair falling if I simply touch my hair.

I was planning to stick it out on fin for a couple more months before considering dut, but just today I was applying minox in the bathroom when the sun came through the window and I almost had a heartattack. Compared to a mere 1 year ago, my hair has thinned out so much that I no longer have a hairline. I swear I was so stunned and depressed that I fell in the bathroom and sat staring at the ceiling for over 15 minutes in utter silence.

I don't think I can wait another couple more months if finasteride isn't going to slow my hairloss. I made the mistake of waiting too long to see if minox would work that I'd lost too much hair by the time I started fin. But getting on dut is no joke, and no guarantee that it would work especially since fin doesn't seem to be working. In all seriousness, what should I do?