+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by wannamyhairback View Post
    Dont worry you have a good hair texture and you hairloss type is easier to manage thanks to HT, you will have a good result as the Surgeon is one of the bests in Turkey.I checked also Turkish forums, he has a good reputy. i was quoted by him as well, but my hairloss type is the pain in **s, i am diffuser so its hard to get desired density as there is always chance to damage preexisting hair follicules, havent heard very succesful stories for us,so at the moment i am giving a shot to medical treatment.
    What do you mean damage to preexisting follicules with transplant?

Hopefully the meds will strengthen up your native hair, so a HT is an option in the future. My hair certainly got thicker and stronger after a period on finesteride and minoxidil.
    As for Dr doganay, he has had some poor results but appears to have addressed the problem. Also don't think some people are good candidates for HT, and that not always clear at the time and so poor results are blamed on surgeon skills. I have been told I'm a good candidate for HT so no reason to think I will be disappointed with results. Time will tell.

Getting hairtransplant done for diffuser is pretty challenging, as no matter how professional the surgeon is i think the damage is inevitable to hair follicules that you have. higher chance for shockloss to preexisting hair follicules and not all of them(but most of them) grow back as they get traumatized during the operation. A lot of surgeons refuse diffusers and advice only medicines

Thank you man, i hope so i will continue treatment as there is nothing to lose. I am planning to document my progression if things go smoothly. Yes you are indeed good candidate so there is no reason not to get great result for you. One thing that caught my attention , he is notdoing manual extraction? what was his opinion manual vs motorized anyway? i personally think manual method has more advantage than motorized

He has always used motorised and claims results are strong. Because extraction can be done quicker, grafts are out of the body for less time. That said, there is plenty of debate about the pros and cons of manual vs motorised. I was concerned about scarring from motorised but the extraction was clean and I'm healing quickly so not worried anymore.
    Presumably, once your hair has settled, a HT is still an option? I accept at the moment it is probably best to try retain your existing hair, and not risk losing that, but at some point it must reach a point where you can then consider a HT? Or am I wrong in saying that?

For diffusers like me, HT might be considered as an option actually it depends what you expect from HT , My donor area is not that much bad, for diffusers donorarea is always issue, mine is good i think i can get good coverage but the thing is we need to be on medicine for life time to maintain the result as we dont have unlimited source of hair that is what ive been told by surgeons, I bet your donor area is like 10000 graft and you have hair diameter more than 80-90 micron, so in this condition of course the good result should be expected. https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...-HT?highlight= you can see my situation from this link.

For diffusers like me, HT might be considered as an option actually it depends what you expect from HT , My donor area is not that much bad, for diffusers donorarea is always issue, mine is good i think i can get good coverage but the thing is we need to be on medicine for life time to maintain the result as we dont have unlimited source of hair that is what ive been told by surgeons, I bet your donor area is like 10000 graft and you have hair diameter more than 80-90 micron, so in this condition of course the good result should be expected. https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...-HT?highlight= you can see my situation from this link.
    If you have 10000 grafts that is enough to cover your whole head on a norwood 5. The idea of worrying about how many grafts you have is usually overstated. unpatterned baldness and thinning in the donor zone is rare, and so are late norwood 6s and 7s.

Quote Originally Posted by JeanlucBergman View Post
    If you have 10000 grafts that is enough to cover your whole head on a norwood 5. The idea of worrying about how many grafts you have is usually overstated. unpatterned baldness and thinning in the donor zone is rare, and so are late norwood 6s and 7s.
    I believe am not unpatterned, i am saying mine is not ideal but some things can be done, so its like i have one shot, considering noone but Koray Erdogan , as that guy got some flawless results with diffusers

I believe am not unpatterned, i am saying mine is not ideal but some things can be done, so its like i have one shot, considering noone but Koray Erdogan , as that guy got some flawless results with diffusers
    Do you know the waiting list on Erdogan? I am set on going to him but the amount talking about him is making me worry it might be never ending.

Quote Originally Posted by JeanlucBergman View Post
    Do you know the waiting list on Erdogan? I am set on going to him but the amount talking about him is making me worry it might be never ending.
    yeah you need to book beefore several months ago. thats the quality man