32m. Is this MPB? I'm a newb at this and very concerned.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mateo777
    • Dec 2016

32m. Is this MPB? I'm a newb at this and very concerned.

Here is a picture of the crown:

Here is a picture of one of my temples:

I am concerned about the thinning, and the receding hairline. I've always had kind of a receding hairline, but this seems a little excessive. Along with the crown.

Is it possible that this just natural? If this is MPB, do you think this will result in complete baldness, or will stop at NW2 or so? Finally, if you were in my shoes, would you start treatment using the big 3 (Minoxidil, Finasteride and Nizeral)?

Thank you!
  • Nos
    • Mar 2015

See a dermatologist- they should be able to look for miniaturization of hairs on the scalp to confirm it- otherwise, your hair looks fine. If you are showing signs (and have a family history) you should go on min, fin, but for what it looks like, just suppimentation w/ biotin and min would probably keep your hair where its at. The issue is if you start to lose fast

Comment

• Louish
      • Aug 2015

Of course it is MPB there is no "natural" reason for a receding hairline. Some people have super agressive MPB, some are have a milder one and others just don't have sensibility to DHT and keep teen hairline forever. No need to be a doctor to see that you are NW3 Vertex. Should you do something about it? That's up to you but for 32 you are not that bad my hairline was worse before my HT.

Comment

• Mateo777
        • Dec 2016

Yeah I think you are right. For some reason it is a hard thing for me to accept. MPB does run at least on my father's side. His brother is NW4A, NW5. I am a little apprehensive over Finasteride, but am going to start using Min. Just to see what the results are like. In your opinion, do you think a min + nizeral + biotin + saw palmetto would yield at least a thicker hairline?

Comment

• k9gatton
          • Oct 2016

Originally posted by Mateo777
          Yeah I think you are right. For some reason it is a hard thing for me to accept. MPB does run at least on my father's side. His brother is NW4A, NW5. I am a little apprehensive over Finasteride, but am going to start using Min. Just to see what the results are like. In your opinion, do you think a min + nizeral + biotin + saw palmetto would yield at least a thicker hairline?

Minoxidil twice a day will definitely help. Expect shedding for three to four months. That said, Finasteride will have more permanent
          and better effects than Minoxidil alone.

Nizarol won't hurt, but it probably won't help either. Saw Palmetto and Biotin are a complete waste of time.
          Saw Palmetto doesn't really lower DHT, and there's no evidence that supports it.

Best of luck.

Comment

Working...