+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Lightbulb Searching for hints and tips

Hello, i'm a 21 years old male who just started to fight alopecia (10 days in the treatment).

I don't know when it started, but for sure less than a year, and i noticed it since 3-4 months, it's still not an HUGE deal, but the hair on the front side of the head are thinning, not in an incredible rate but still noticeable.
    I'm not loosing a lot of hair during the day, but i used to find from 70 to 100 hair during the shower.
    I went to an dermatologist to understand if i could do anything about it, since i'd like to keep my hair, and he gave me minoxidil 2%, 1ml twice a day, and some integrators for 6 months.
    Since the start i found my hair a bit stronger, and lower hairloss, especially in the shower, which it's stabilized to an 50-70 hair per shower (actually i'm not sure if it's just me or the truth), and close to nothing during the day and even if i comb there's no evidence of loss.

Researching on internet i found that minoxidil 2% has lower effects and lower succes rate, so i'm trying to understand if i should move to the 5% concentration, or it makes sense to do 6 months at 2% then move to 5% to minimize the risk of irritation and the minoxidil's shaving.
    Since the doctor gave me the prescription in 10 minutes or so, i'm not sure if he understood the situation as good as he should be.

Every tip and hint is welcome, my goal it's just to maximize my chances of winning the fight, even if it's just for some years.

Plus i'd love to know what i have to attend due the minoxidil treatment, i did a lot of research but i keep finding opposite opinion about it.
    I get it, on many people it doesen't work, but i think since i started it at a young age, almost immediatly after discover it, and i do not have bald spots but just thinning i think i have some chances to fight it, am i right?

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Rastaz0r View Post
    Hello, i'm a 21 years old male who just started to fight alopecia (10 days in the treatment).

I don't know when it started, but for sure less than a year, and i noticed it since 3-4 months, it's still not an HUGE deal, but the hair on the front side of the head are thinning, not in an incredible rate but still noticeable.
    I'm not loosing a lot of hair during the day, but i used to find from 70 to 100 hair during the shower.
    I went to an dermatologist to understand if i could do anything about it, since i'd like to keep my hair, and he gave me minoxidil 2%, 1ml twice a day, and some integrators for 6 months.
    Since the start i found my hair a bit stronger, and lower hairloss, especially in the shower, which it's stabilized to an 50-70 hair per shower (actually i'm not sure if it's just me or the truth), and close to nothing during the day and even if i comb there's no evidence of loss.

Researching on internet i found that minoxidil 2% has lower effects and lower succes rate, so i'm trying to understand if i should move to the 5% concentration, or it makes sense to do 6 months at 2% then move to 5% to minimize the risk of irritation and the minoxidil's shaving.
    Since the doctor gave me the prescription in 10 minutes or so, i'm not sure if he understood the situation as good as he should be.

Every tip and hint is welcome, my goal it's just to maximize my chances of winning the fight, even if it's just for some years.

Plus i'd love to know what i have to attend due the minoxidil treatment, i did a lot of research but i keep finding opposite opinion about it.
    I get it, on many people it doesen't work, but i think since i started it at a young age, almost immediatly after discover it, and i do not have bald spots but just thinning i think i have some chances to fight it, am i right?

Thanks in advance
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minoxidil

"Minoxidil stimulates hair follicles and growth, but does not reduce dihydrotestosterone (DHT) or the enzyme responsible for its accumulation around the hair follicle, 5-alpha reductase, which is the primary mediator of male pattern baldness in genetically susceptible individuals"

So you might have some success with Minoxidil, but to slow down hair loss, I would suggest you start with propecia (finestaride). It blocks DHT so you can potentially stop your hair loss or slow it down considerably.

Quote Originally Posted by Mpbman View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minoxidil

"Minoxidil stimulates hair follicles and growth, but does not reduce dihydrotestosterone (DHT) or the enzyme responsible for its accumulation around the hair follicle, 5-alpha reductase, which is the primary mediator of male pattern baldness in genetically susceptible individuals"

So you might have some success with Minoxidil, but to slow down hair loss, I would suggest you start with propecia (finestaride). It blocks DHT so you can potentially stop your hair loss or slow it down considerably.
    I know there's that solution, to be honest i do have two issues with finestaride:
    1. It requires a medical prescription, which is something i don't have, and i'm not sure i'd get it easily.
    2. From the readings i had in internet(so nothing 100% sure) seems like it can give you impotency, which for me it's a price too high to pay just to keep my hair.

My idea it's just to stick with minoxidil and integrators, and any other way to fight it, and if these methods won't work i'll just accept my baldness.

you will regret later get on FIN ASAP.

MINOX doesn't do anything at all, it just gives a boost to the present hair but doesn't stop MPB.

the side effects are not that common

Quote Originally Posted by skyguy View Post
    you will regret later get on FIN ASAP.

MINOX doesn't do anything at all, it just gives a boost to the present hair but doesn't stop MPB.

the side effects are not that common
    sorry for my ignorance but I've no idea what MPB means.

From my readings minoxidil it's not just a "boost" to the present hair, but it gives to the ones that are going to die a new life, and since my problem isn't about heavy loss, but instead it's androgenetic baldness my bulbs are still alive, since I found it pretty soon, and so the "boost" to the should be more than enough. But I need someone to confirm this, because it comes from just internet reading, and I'd love if someone could tell me if I should move from minoxidil 2% to 5% to obtain this result.

Plus, if I could keep the actual situation would be already a win for me.

On the finasteride topic, I'd like to avoid it, as I stated before, even if the side effects are not that common it's a risk I'm not willing to take for an estetical problem.

sorry for my ignorance but I've no idea what MPB means.

From my readings minoxidil it's not just a "boost" to the present hair, but it gives to the ones that are going to die a new life, and since my problem isn't about heavy loss, but instead it's androgenetic baldness my bulbs are still alive, since I found it pretty soon, and so the "boost" to the should be more than enough. But I need someone to confirm this, because it comes from just internet reading, and I'd love if someone could tell me if I should move from minoxidil 2% to 5% to obtain this result.

Plus, if I could keep the actual situation would be already a win for me.

On the finasteride topic, I'd like to avoid it, as I stated before, even if the side effects are not that common it's a risk I'm not willing to take for an estetical problem.
    No problem, you can stick with your minox but i think for men 5% is the best choice
    anyway MPB means male pattern baldness.

you are sure a beginner in this.
    you will learn soon that minox somehow increases blood circulation (scientists doesn't even how it works-- some potassium channel thing). But MINOX is a far better product than oils, shampoos (except nizoral) which claims to prevent hairloss. They are all scams.

ALL THE BEST

**remember i dont wanna demotivate you, if minoxidil had (by any means) kept the present situation of anyone's hair for a long time then there would have been no men left who are totally bald

**remember what you see now (your hair) is the output of previous years' growth but whats really happening in your scalp at present will be visible after two years maybe or more. So if you want to strike against mpb, take action right away.

i wanna ask you a question--
    Do you have sudden itchings at the hairline, temples or crown??
    just asking i may end up helping you.

No problem, you can stick with your minox but i think for men 5% is the best choice
    anyway MPB means male pattern baldness.

you are sure a beginner in this.
    you will learn soon that minox somehow increases blood circulation (scientists doesn't even how it works-- some potassium channel thing). But MINOX is a far better product than oils, shampoos (except nizoral) which claims to prevent hairloss. They are all scams.

ALL THE BEST

**remember i dont wanna demotivate you, if minoxidil had (by any means) kept the present situation of anyone's hair for a long time then there would have been no men left who are totally bald

**remember what you see now (your hair) is the output of previous years' growth but whats really happening in your scalp at present will be visible after two years maybe or more. So if you want to strike against mpb, take action right away.

i wanna ask you a question--
    Do you have sudden itchings at the hairline, temples or crown??
    just asking i may end up helping you.
    You are not demotivating me, i'm glad to have some feedbacks on this, i've asked for tips and hints and that's what i'm getting, i'm very thankful to you and the rest of this community.
    But i do have my priorities straight, i decided to fight the baldness, but at my condition, which means, no problem taking minoxidil and integrators, but i'm not willing to be impotent, even if it's a not so high chance. At the end it's just something esthetic, and no one does check bald people with as much judge as we do with ourself!

I'll move to minoxidil 5% then, and i'll see what happens!
    Also, could make some sense if i'll take in the morning the 5% lotion and the second dose with the 2%? Because i bought it and i want to finish it so i won't waste money.

To be honest i can't say if i do have sudden itchings, i think it could be, even if not so frequently to give some attention to. It's a good or a bad sign?

You are not demotivating me, i'm glad to have some feedbacks on this, i've asked for tips and hints and that's what i'm getting, i'm very thankful to you and the rest of this community.

To be honest i can't say if i do have sudden itchings, i think it could be, even if not so frequently to give some attention to. It's a good or a bad sign?
    yes, these itchings are not so frequent and it is a bad sign (from my experience it was the beginning of my receding hairline)
    its a sign that DHT is damaging your follicles and months later you may see that the affected areas are somewhat diffusing.
    You may get these itches at hairline, especially at temples and crown sometimes.

When you experience a lot of these itches, get on to fin.

And BTW pls keep this thread alive by posting your updates after every two months.
    it will help others to analyse their own cases with minoxidil.

minoxidil is good for curly hair i think bcoz it volumes up and gives a lot of density.

another question --
    have u experienced any skull expansion even the slightest increase?

At the end it's just something esthetic, and no one does check bald people with as much judge as we do with ourself!
    i wish this was true but it isn't. We, the hairloss sufferers, do not keep our hair just to look beautiful. Even if u become a successful person in your life, ppl's eyes and the way they stare speaks like this "DONT FEEL SO PROUD, YOU ARE ABOUT TO BE A BALD GUY"
    and it hurts a lot. You are punished for which you were in no way responsible. But that is life and reality. I want to help all those sufferers from the start and the guys who have just hit MPB so that they may sleep a sound sleep with the thot that they have done something and everything to keep their hair. ALL THE BEST.

yes, these itchings are not so frequent and it is a bad sign (from my experience it was the beginning of my receding hairline)
    its a sign that DHT is damaging your follicles and months later you may see that the affected areas are somewhat diffusing.
    You may get these itches at hairline, especially at temples and crown sometimes.

When you experience a lot of these itches, get on to fin.
    I don't think i can relate those itches to minoxidil, since i have to scratch my head four times a day, plus it's usually where i don't put the lotion. Anyway i'll keep it check as much as i can, and if it gets worse i'll contact my dermatologist asap.

And BTW pls keep this thread alive by posting your updates after every two months.
    it will help others to analyse their own cases with minoxidil.

minoxidil is good for curly hair i think bcoz it volumes up and gives a lot of density.
    It's what i'm going to do, it's pretty hard to find some detailed diary. And ofcourse i do have straight hair, actually a bit fizzy but straight

another question --
    have u experienced any skull expansion even the slightest increase?
    I don't get 100% what you mean, but i don't think so, i'm pretty sure about it.

i wish this was true but it isn't. We, the hairloss sufferers, do not keep our hair just to look beautiful. Even if u become a successful person in your life, ppl's eyes and the way they stare speaks like this "DONT FEEL SO PROUD, YOU ARE ABOUT TO BE A BALD GUY"
    and it hurts a lot. You are punished for which you were in no way responsible. But that is life and reality. I want to help all those sufferers from the start and the guys who have just hit MPB so that they may sleep a sound sleep with the thot that they have done something and everything to keep their hair. ALL THE BEST.
    It's okay to try everything you can for keep your hair, in the end i'm here for that too. Anyway, no matter how hard you try, if the nature is againist you (genetic can be a bitch sometimes), you ain't gonna win the challenge.
    Plus i can't agree with you, how many times you spoke with a bald person with no problem? i can't even count it. Success it's not the deal here, it's about personality, it's about show the world you don't give a single f**k about what they think about your hair, and the last thing they should be worried of it's your lack of hair.

Furthermore, since not always you can win vs nature, maintain few hair on your head could seriously making you ridiculous, instead the razor like it's way better.

This is my opinion about getting bald, and i'm 21, i'd love to keep them as much as i can, but, again, genetic can be a bitch sometimes, it's up to me to accept the situation and react to it whatever is the outcome of this treatment!