Threaded View

Lightbulb Searching for hints and tips

Hello, i'm a 21 years old male who just started to fight alopecia (10 days in the treatment).

I don't know when it started, but for sure less than a year, and i noticed it since 3-4 months, it's still not an HUGE deal, but the hair on the front side of the head are thinning, not in an incredible rate but still noticeable.
    I'm not loosing a lot of hair during the day, but i used to find from 70 to 100 hair during the shower.
    I went to an dermatologist to understand if i could do anything about it, since i'd like to keep my hair, and he gave me minoxidil 2%, 1ml twice a day, and some integrators for 6 months.
    Since the start i found my hair a bit stronger, and lower hairloss, especially in the shower, which it's stabilized to an 50-70 hair per shower (actually i'm not sure if it's just me or the truth), and close to nothing during the day and even if i comb there's no evidence of loss.

Researching on internet i found that minoxidil 2% has lower effects and lower succes rate, so i'm trying to understand if i should move to the 5% concentration, or it makes sense to do 6 months at 2% then move to 5% to minimize the risk of irritation and the minoxidil's shaving.
    Since the doctor gave me the prescription in 10 minutes or so, i'm not sure if he understood the situation as good as he should be.

Every tip and hint is welcome, my goal it's just to maximize my chances of winning the fight, even if it's just for some years.

Plus i'd love to know what i have to attend due the minoxidil treatment, i did a lot of research but i keep finding opposite opinion about it.
    I get it, on many people it doesen't work, but i think since i started it at a young age, almost immediatly after discover it, and i do not have bald spots but just thinning i think i have some chances to fight it, am i right?

Thanks in advance