+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

you got me wrong there. i am not talking about itches from minoxidil. i am not even relating those itches to minoxidil.
    they are connected to your MPB process, that's why i mentioned it. Whenever you have them just make a note. These itches seems normal but u can correlate them with MPB as they occur only in the affected areas.

and abt skull expansion, just make a note of that too especially at the crown (whether its expanding or not? it is a slow process but still)

KEEP US UPDATED WITH YOUR REGIMEN and RESULTS

GOOD LUCK

Hello again, I do have some news:

In the past three days I've experienced a little irritation to the scalp, effect that is gone today even if I was not doing anything about that, I think it was my skin getting used to the alcohol in the lotion.

Since a couple of days I think I got an increased hair loss, not heavy but noticeable, which I think could be related to the minoxidil starting to work, and from my reading that should happen right in this period, but I need someone to confirm that, or it could be due the irritation? I'd love to have some feedbacks about this.

By the way I'm still using the 2% lotion, Since I'll have the 5% delivered in a couple of weeks.

So far so good

yes u will have some minor shedding(i experienced that) but dont worry u will have thick hair after 1 month

Irritation form minoxidil is somewhat expected because of alcohol but ur skin as u said will get used to it.

JUST HAVE PATIENCE
    i had good thick hair while using minoxidil it just made it look unnatural.

Hello, i wanted to check in,
    It's been almost 20 days of treatment with minoxidil 2% (the 5% isn't here yet, slow delivery ).
    I'm getting an average of 100 hair lost every day (almost 70 in the shower plus 15 from the combing for apply the minoxidil, the rest it's just an aproximation of how much i loose during the day), don't know if it's getting less intense or something, but that's it.

When i started i had, of course, shorter hair, and i don't know if it's that they grew a little longer, but i do look fine, in the central part of the head i can see the balding only by literally move in part the hair, they seems a little thicker, but that could easly be me.

My worst spot is the hairline, it is kinda bald, i mean there are some hair, but it's from there that i understood that i was balding.
    Well, i don't know if it's normal, but i do see some newgrown little hair in that zone, like some kind of little fluff, they are really short, and i have no idea if it's just me that i want to convince that the treatment is working, or there's actually some regrowth. I mean, they are there, i can see it, but i don't know if it's just:
    1. The hairline that is actually getting thinner
    2. Just the old hair that are growing back

Can anyone tell me if there's any distinctive sign that minoxidil could be working?

Thanks in advance, have a great day!

Hello,
    I'm shedding, usually i never found any hair on my table, but now i do, plus i do loose a lot of hair in the shower and every time i comb for apply the minoxidil, it's frightening. I'd say i'm losing from 90-120 hair every day.
    And there's not only thin, but also normal thick hair, is this normal?
    I am actually scared by this, since i found a lot of people that didn't got anything out from this treatment, but just thinner hair, i'd love to understand if i'm in this risk.

My receading hairline seems allright, i mean, there's still some peachy fuzz on the temples, but no regrowth whatsover (as expected) i could even lost some hair over there, but it's so bad that i didn't noticed.
    On the top of my head there's two zones:
    1. The one near the crown, which loose a lot of hair every shower i get, but gives no sign of getting thinner (in sense that i have less coverage).
    2. The one near the hairline which is getting thinner (in sense that i have less coverage).

I'm about to start the transition from minoxidil 2% to 5% this week, i'll stick with 2% during the day and 5% for the night, untill the 2% is finished. I am really scared that this could induce more shedding can anyone confirm this? I'm also looking forward to buy the nizoral shampoo just to try it out since there's some chance it will stop the DHT.

Willing to have some feedbacks from you,

Peace

Update: I've been using minoxidil 5% for a week, it's the galenic one, i have no itches as well as any irritation (as the 2%), and it dries pretty fast (15-20) minutes, it's ok or not?

I'm still sheddy badly, it's about 2 weeks of it, i honestly can't quantificate how much, i think i'm around 200 each day, some day more, some day less, but it could be worse due my anxiety, since i'm under an exam session at the university.
    Also i'm looking forward to cut my hair shorter, this hairfall is making me depressed and i can see that i have much less coverage overall on my head.
    Maybe in the new year.

Peace

Update: It's now one month of the treatment, and around 2 weeks of using the 5% minoxidil, galenic.
    Seems like the shedding got less intense, now i loose around 120-150 hair every day, but, for sure it's less intense than before. I don't know if there's some regrowth, still it would be way too soon to see it, but i think on my temples i had some bit of more pigmented vellus, if you want to help me out i'll post some photos of it, just if you are intrested.
    No irritation of itches whatsover, but still, this minoxidil dries fast and it won't let my hair heavy, hope it's normal. My brother started too with this same galenic one, and he's now shedding, so i guess it's working for him too.

Peace

Update: it's now 25-26 days i'm under the 5% lotion plus almost 50 days i'm taking nipon e ultra , which i think it's some kind of integrator, and i'm under minoxidil.
    I decided to stop using nizoral shampoo which gave me some irritation. And i have to say so far so good, i'm still loosing more hair than before the treatment, it's now 5-6 weeks i've been shedding, but only 2 of thoose were actually heavy shed, like more than 200 every day, now i'm between the 120-150 ish hair lost every day, i hope it gets better with some time, also the long time under the shed could be caused by the passage between 2% and 5% lotion.

I had no irritation, no itches, red skin, nothing since 1 month or so, and i think i'm seeing some regrowth, or at very least some of the vellus started to pigment, and could be growing back! Since i don't want to illude myself i'll post the images of before and after

before (21/12/16):
    http://imgur.com/pKOOFVo
    http://imgur.com/OnUTyV3

after (11/01/17):
    http://imgur.com/Opmwq47
    http://imgur.com/vqawrDv

To me it seems like there's been some regrowth, but i would like to see if you do agree with me, there's not that much of time passed between the two photos, but i'm positive about this.
    Maybe it could be working.

Peace out.

Update: 2 months and almost half of treatment, since I was back to shedding and I had dandruff all over the places I decided to take actions: I started nizoral 2% again, once every 5 days, I use a lotion based of vinegar and some other herbs to female the scalp less arid, and I use, before the shower a gel made of seeds.

In a couple of week the shedding stopped almost completely, I had 150-180 hair fallen every day, now I'm around 50-70.

Talking about minoxidil, I know I have to expect the results for at least 4 months, but as now I just see an increase thinning in the temples area, even though there's a lot of Bella hair coming out, I have no idea if they were there before, anyway, I'll stick with it for two months at least. Oh, and in the crown, it seems fuller, like some old hair grown back, so I'm hopeful that it will be the same on the temples, just slower.

I also had visit a hair pieces expert, and I have to admit, it looks intresting, in the case the treatment won't work.

Can anyone share some of his experience with me? It's like 5 messages I don't get any answer from y'all

Peace out